Cape york pics ....Lots and lots

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time next month we're going to the cape - I have to say I've been so busy at work I have not had a chance to even think about the trip - so your photos are a great reminder and now I'm getting a bit excited!
Which way are u headed up if ur goin anywhere near cook town a visit at eddies elim beach is a must amazing spot

Unreal! this exact trip is on the cards next dry season.

Keep the pics coming.

Also you have to get around to some fishing! Pics pics pics!

Hey lawry unfortunately we didn't get any fishing pics dont no y, we got a few barracuda few trevally to windy on the east side of the cape,I wasn't to concerned I just wanted to get away an relax use my car for what I guilty it for

Which way are u headed up if ur goin anywhere near cook town a visit at eddies elim beach is a must amazing spot

Thanks we'll do that - we will be in cooktown the 23rd of next month - with a plan to spend a night there.

Thanks we'll do that - we will be in cooktown the 23rd of next month - with a plan to spend a night there.
do urself a favour drive 40 mins past to elim beach a place called eddies really nice abrigina fella 10 pp pn to stay right on the beach has plenty of firewood toilets showers
dsc6054u.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-08-
dsc6066c.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-08-
dsc6040j.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-08-21 these are just a couple of shot of elim beach the first photo u camp jus ton the treeline of the beach and u can go fishing from ur camp ,and the second photo u can see the coloured sands which u can drive to and walk up

Any chance of adding a bit of commentary to some of the pics so we know where the pics were taken ;)

BTW..... Great Pics.... some beautiful country

Very nice pics. Brings back a few fond memories.

Thank you for the tip about Eddies as an alternative to the Cooktown CP. The Boss wants to spend a few days in Cooktown for family history reasons, so somewhere on the beach would be great.

Any chance of adding a bit of commentary to some of the pics so we know where the pics were taken ;)

BTW..... Great Pics.... some beautiful country

Yeah will do it just take so long I couldn't be bothered adding it but I will tonight for yas wish I could upload the videos of Nolan's

cheers bud ,an amazing place shame that i saw lots of fresh bitumin ,im gla di got to show my family before the government fnds a way to develop and destroy it

G,day Boxy,

How far up is the bitumen now?, last year they look liked they were nearing completion to Laura, where else have they been laying the dreaded stuff?

Great photos, i wished i had taken as many as you have. I note that you live in Townsville, i lived there for several years when i severed with 2/4th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment in the mid to late 80s. What do you do for a crust?

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

So pumped to go next year! Looks amazing. How much juice did you go through if you don't mind me asking.

So pumped to go next year! Looks amazing. How much juice did you go through if you don't mind me asking.
ummmm hard to tell really probably bout 1000 bux worth i should of kept better track,i did about 3300 km all together, but the fuel gets mor eexpensive as u go up lol 2.25 at bamaga but i didnt fill up there just top up,bramwell junction is 2.15 L

G,day Boxy,

How far up is the bitumen now?, last year they look liked they were nearing completion to Laura, where else have they been laying the dreaded stuff?

Great photos, i wished i had taken as many as you have. I note that you live in Townsville, i lived there for several years when i severed with 2/4th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment in the mid to late 80s. What do you do for a crust?

Regards,

RLI
yeah they have the btumen all the way to laura now they have just added about 15km of fresh bitumen in lakefield running past isabella falls few new spots of bitumin on the development rd to not sure if there has always been 20km on bitumin out of coen or not but thats there aswell yeah im in the green,but soon returning home to melbourne

yeah they have the btumen all the way to laura now they have just added about 15km of fresh bitumen in lakefield running past isabella falls few new spots of bitumin on the development rd to not sure if there has always been 20km on bitumin out of coen or not but thats there aswell yeah im in the green,but soon returning home to melbourne

Good onya mate!

Keep up the great work! She's a hot stinking shit hole up there!

Regards,

RLI

yeah they have the btumen all the way to laura now they have just added about 15km of fresh bitumen in lakefield running past isabella falls few new spots of bitumin on the development rd to not sure if there has always been 20km on bitumin out of coen or not but thats there aswell

Either there's a mine planned for the area, or the mayor lives out there somewhere :rofl2:

Latest posts

Back