car battery chargers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
I need to buy a battery charger for the car and not sure what to buy. What do ppl have? Any advice.

I've been using a multistage automatic charger from SuperCrap for years now and it works a treat on all the car batteries I have from the 12v office set up to the big bastard in the tub. Well under half the price of the name brands and works just as well as any name brand I've ever used.

Get a smart charger. Make sure it can float (trickle) charge when the charging process is done. Other than that, who gives a damn (within reason). The stuff from SCA/BCF/Rays/Repco etc etc would all be suitable. Don't buy from K-Mart/Big-W/BrasNThings/RejectShop/etc. Don't buy a simple 4/8A charger, it has to be "smart" and it HAS to float when finished. Simple chargers don't float, they just keep on pumping the juice until the battery has been destroyed.

Personally, I have two: a Powertech (Jaycar) multistage and I have a C-Tek XS-7000. The Jaycar unit was cheaper and delivers 16A rather than the 7A of the C-Tek, so for faster charging I'd look at the Jaycar unit.

I have a c-tek multi stage with a reconditioning stage it works great. I think its a M100 for marine applications to.

Depends on what you want to do.
I have three cheap auto shop just pump it in chargers and two decent multi-stage treat the battery right chargers(c-tek & powertech(jaycar). you pay forthe latter, but they don't boil the battery dry in fortnight like the others.

Get a smart charger. Make sure it can float (trickle) charge when the charging process is done. Other than that, who gives a damn (within reason). The stuff from SCA/BCF/Rays/Repco etc etc would all be suitable. Don't buy from K-Mart/Big-W/BrasNThings/RejectShop/etc. Don't buy a simple 4/8A charger, it has to be "smart" and it HAS to float when finished. Simple chargers don't float, they just keep on pumping the juice until the battery has been destroyed.

Personally, I have two: a Powertech (Jaycar) multistage and I have a C-Tek XS-7000. The Jaycar unit was cheaper and delivers 16A rather than the 7A of the C-Tek, so for faster charging I'd look at the Jaycar unit.

I have the same size c-tek, I had the old Kmart charger and it died, lucky for me I never had a chance to ruin my camper battery with it, I bought the c-tek for the deep cycle camper battery and as a added bonus the reconditioning stage works a treat. I noticed the old lux battery was a bit slow so I put it on a recondition charge and the next day it was cranking hard again, did it 12 months later again and it kept going a treat, IMO the c-tek is worth the money

guys i'm looking at the Projecta IC1500 (15A) and IC2500 (25A) chargers.
I want a smart charger, either 15A or 25A (or similar) will suit, but I'd like both the power-supply mode AND the ability to set the charge rate for when I need to charge a smaller battery.
The 1500 has the power-supply mode, and the 2500 has the charge rate options.
Does anyone know of a similar smart charger with both these options ?

Thanks
Paul

Latest posts

Back