Car Diary

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04HUG

Reaction score
G'day

Am I the only person who keeps a Vehicle Diary.
I have recorded all vehicle expenses since the purchase mid last year.
One reason was to see the true cost of the truck.
Another was to track fuel usage.

Date, Litres, Cost, $/Litre

Now I have detailed records of fuel usage. One thing I need to add is the location I got the fuel.

What records do others keep?

I have a spreadsheet to keep a tally of fuel consumption figures (date, k's and litres). No interest in the running cost although I have entered the price of fuel when it's was $2.28 per litre!

Last edited:
Hi mate,
I keep all of these on file I have the fuel records and receipts and place of purchase in case of a bad batch of diesel, particularly when we travel in unfamiliar area's.

My navara is my first brand new car..... So i have keep every receipt of the mods and all the servicing etc. Maybe one day ill get a calculator out and tally it all up.
Just one day when the handbrake is out

:confused3:

I have a fuel app on my phone that I have used since new. If I buy the flash version I think it tracks services tyres and the work. I think.

I have a folder just on the nav. I keep all manuals instruction on installs and the wiring diagrams I draw up of all the add ons
Also have a electronic copy of all the service history and schedules that I have made up to suit the use my nav gets.

I've got (almost) every fuel receipt since I had the car new. Some are fading, and I've got the data in a spreadsheet that accounts for fuel in jerry cans bought and used, discounts at the bowser etc and notes whether or not they calculated the cost correctly, what LPHK we got for that tank and what the predicted range is. I also had a formula section that accounted for the larger tyres that I was using for a while so that the odometer readings were adjusted.

I also have a folder with receipts for all of the items purchased (except for the small stuff like relays, fuses, cabling).

I don't want to add it up, I just want the smile on my face - I don't want to know what it cost to put the smile there!

Man you guys are thorough. I'm flat out remembering to reset my ODO to check consumption now and then.

Man you guys are thorough. I'm flat out remembering to reset my ODO to check consumption now and then.

G'day
Reminding the co-driver to fill in the book every time takes some work!

One advantage is I have detailed fuel usage data, so if I do a modification I am not guessing how it changes.

2013 fuel usage information.
KM...........Litres..........average L/100km.........Cost
12,070.....1297.72.......9.300927781...............$2067,16

Latest posts

Back