Catalytic converter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesyy

Reaction score
Hey All

Just wondering if anyone could help me out by showing me where the cat is on a zd30 D22

not to sure if it is in the engine bay or underneath

cheers

It's the fat part of the turbo dump pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_8272.jpg
    IMG_8272.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 191
The one i've got my hand on in the pic above i got off ebay a couple of years back for something like $320, it has a cat converter in it.

Attachments

• cat converter.jpg
    cat converter.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 134
You can get high flow metal core cats off ebay for a couple of hundred bucks...

Cheers, I have found also a full turbo back system 3' for $490 not sure on postage. might be worth saving the Cash for that.

I'm in Bendigo they said $60 to the door. Never done an exhaust before, but cant to too hard.
That's what I thought hahahah.. not doing that again in a hurry. Took a good 5 hours to get the old one off and probably an hour to get the new one on lol.

The zd30s have a bit more room at the back of the motor though. Mine is a yd25 and I ended up having to undo the nuts holding the turbo to the manifold and push it down to get enough room to change the dump pipe. That was with leaving the studs in the turbo though, there's no way I had any hope of getting enough room to take them out hahaha

I have jap a built yd25, same as bods time wise. Although I didn't have to remove turbo and just used original studs, such a pain to get off the dump though

Right! Loads of confidence! I did have a look at it the other night. rusted as all shit! but will just keep pumping it full of lube, hope it makes the change over a little easier. My ZD has heaps more room to move then the mates YD, that's a bonus. cheers for the heads up lads!

Latest posts

Back