Catch can oil in to diesel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2fe3

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site and liking it
I have 2005 zd 30
270km
Done most mods
And have been thinking with oil catch can sediment mine is quite clean darkish, but i have been thinking of putting it on to my fuel tank to help lubricate the bosh vp44 injector pump
Pros cons

It's sump oil. You could return it to the sump, but it's been vaporised and sent out the PCV so there's no telling how good it will be at lubricating anything.

Not sure if you recall - I certainly do, they were a complete pain in the tail if you were a motorcyclist - the black pools of oil at every set of traffic lights, decades ago. It wasn't just because there was a Triumph TR7 in town, it was because PCV was generally just vented to atmosphere, often creating slick patches in the centre of the lane at traffic lights.

used engine oil will clog up your diesel fuel filter from all the soot/dirt thats in it.

The fuel pump doesn't need diluted sump oil to "help" it.
You could however make your own return system from the catch can back to the sump.

I tried the old wives tail of adding a couple hundred mls or so of 2 stroke mower oil whenever I filled up (curiosity and all that).

Reached the conclusion that any changes were probably from the placebo effect and I doubt it made a difference to anything. I am sceptical of fuel additives in general though.

Sump oil would be the last thing you'd want in your fuel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back