Catch Can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runna

Reaction score
hey guys,

I'm looking at buying a catch can but not sure if there are brands to look out for or different brands that are better than others.
Not really sure on what to pay either, I have seen them at Super Cheap for $50 and then ones at Auto Barn for $300 ??

Any advice?

Tony

provent is the one to get, i bought a supercheap one first, it caught very little and leaked. The provent is very well designed and catches nearly all the oil.

The search function is a great tool on the forums. There are endless threads on this already.... Happy reading

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Mmmm, heres a good link showing what a couple of us have done to the cheaper cans, (I have the supercheap one) to make them work properley. Mine seems to work ok, haven't noticed anymore oil up in the PCV valve, (was leaking out of the bottom of the can till I nipped up the drain bolt), but they do need modding to work. An empty can does nothing.

http://www.navara.asia/diy-modifications-build-ups/8174-oil-catch-can-mod.html

You Can pm me if you like i can email you a file i down loaded from another forum site that will show you how to make one there easy to make and easy to install

Mmmm, heres a good link showing what a couple of us have done to the cheaper cans, (I have the supercheap one) to make them work properley. Mine seems to work ok, haven't noticed anymore oil up in the PCV valve, (was leaking out of the bottom of the can till I nipped up the drain bolt), but they do need modding to work. An empty can does nothing.

http://www.navara.asia/diy-modifications-build-ups/8174-oil-catch-can-mod.html

Like Ray said- no need to sell your children to buy an expensive 1!! I got a cheaper 1 and modified the intake side with a tube and filled it with stainless scouring pads, been on for about 20,000km now & works a treat. Have since made & fitted at least 1/2 dozen for clients now too.:cheers!:

Back