cats! replacing with aftermarket.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2tf

Reaction score
Been doing a bit of research on the Frontier forums and even though I know I'll likely not get a response here I thought I would ask if anybody has experience or advice for some plans I am thinking about.

Mines a V6 and I reckon I'm going to change the cats on the stock exhaust, and possibly also the Y piece where the 2 banks join up. Seems to be the 2 main restrictions in the system and I can feel the strain in the car trying to get the gas out - it gets to a certain point where if you give it a good rev out it'll be right but until then it will struggle to keep up.

On all my V8's I replaced the entire exhaust systems with aftermarket ones, last one was a difillippo system on my XR8 which included metal cats. I'm going to put some 100cpsi metal cats in the stock system, and probably look at a Magnaflow Y piece in the rear of the system. Havent priced it up yet but I reckon it will be worth it. Will chuck some new 02 sensors in too.

Has anybody tried something similar.

Unless Ive missed something nobody does an off the shelf system to suit the petrol V6.

Good Day,

I am looking to do something very simliar. I am going to replace the front two cats with 400 series Venom 2.25" 100CPSI.

I am going to completly cut out the rear two cats and replace the main silencer with a Classic chamered power stick "2530SB".

Only one small issue I've pickup from www.clubfrontier.org, when you do this the breathing of the engine is very much improved to the point where the AFR goes beyond what the ECU can handle.

To correct this you can purchase a product called UPREV which can reflash the standard ECU and gain ALOT more power.

I have already installed a Volant CAI, purchased the powerstick off eBay "not installed yet", still need to get the Venom cats and UPREV reflash system

I will keep you posted.

Good luck with it and I'll be interested to see how you go.

I am not going to bother with doing this to mine though, going to sell the car instead.

The guys in the states have played around with the exhausts and tried all the different brands.
Some got minimal gains however most agree that replacing that shocker of a Y pipe and a decent magnaflow muffler is about the best bang for buck .
The gains for anything they tried werent huge but they do say that on some of the systems the sound isnt the best and it does drone a heap.
Some have gone with the complete split system and I think one even went with no cats at all and somehow tricked the ECU into not coding all the time.
For the amount we would have to spend on something like a Banks or Magnaflow system or a custom job done here the gains arent really worth it

Latest posts

Back