cd player

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egg

Reaction score
thinking about buying one of those sat nav cd players with blue tooth off ebay there for pathfinders and navaras think there for over seas models or something.they look factory (they r factory by the way)real neat thats what i like about them.they come with the wire harness and everything any one know much about them r they any good.

As Peter said check out that thread but also just because they have a Nissan logo on them don't think they are Nissan radios. The same radios are also advertised as Kia, Hyuandai and Toyota and all it is that makes them factory is that the logo when you turn it on can be changed to whatever car they are installed in.

You'll no doubt find many of those radios are very similar spec'd and sized no matter what model car they say they are for however the one thing you can pretty much guarantee is that for the cheaper price they surely aren't factory radios.

When buying check the dimensions to make sure the head unit you're buying fits in the hole, some of the head units fit but either the GPS antenna or the radio antenna hit the brace behind the dash in the D40, they can be adapted but it pays to know before you are installing it what you need to do to make it all fit.

ok thanks for the tips might do a bit more reaserch first

mayby i will look into getting a sony or kenwood system with bluetooth thats what im after bluetooth mainly dont need sat nav as i have a tomtom

If you're not brand bias check out the scratch and dent store at Pioneer. They have some great specials on last model and refurbished stock. It's not a regular thing but if you're not in a hurry for a unit they update their specials every few months. The best I've seen is the top of the range navigator and entertainment system RRP $3700 sale price $900 because the maps were out of date and a new model was being released.

just put a digoptions in a couple of days ago, looks a bit different to pics of one i have seen in here, maybe a new model. fits great no triming required (mate put one in his 05 str and had to slightly widden the oppening. Seems to work well have to sit down with the manual and realy figure it all out, not bad for $520, easy to install

i have a keenwood and i dont rate it at all, spend the extra money and buy a pioneer

Back