changing brake fluid ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, i want to change the brake fluid in my sons 2013 d-22 [ its now due for this service ] is there any special order i need to bleed the brakes as in right front then right rear or whatever or is it ok just to bleed any wheel per time?
also the fluid colour is Yellow, do i stick with the yellow fluid or is it better and safe to swap to another colour , as i was thinking atleast you know when the old is out and the new is coming through. thanks.

Normally you start at the furthest wheel from the master cylinder, so passenger's side rear. You can change the colour of it if you feel the need. I'm not sure if you can get dot4 in another colour though...

Technically the order of bleeding starts from the LSV (load sensing valve) before you start with the passenger side rear wheel according to the FSM

Just above the rear diff on the passenger's side. There is a large spring that goes from the diff to the lsv to adjust the rear brake bias when loaded up. ..

so do i really have to disconnect this spring or open a bleed nipple before i can do the 4 x main wheel cylinders. i am not really bleeding air from the brake cylinders i am just removing some of the old fluid and letting some new fluid into the cylinders.

it can be bled same way like the brakes, it has a bleeding nut you undo no need to unhook the spring

here is the reccomended order from the manual
a. LSV air bleeder
b. Left rear brake
c. Right rear brake
d. Left front brake
e. Right front brake

they also say to disconnect battery cables so cut power to ABS unit to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back