Cheap D22's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180degrees

Reaction score
So I was out looking around car yards this morning cause I had nothing better to do (still want a new ute) anyway I saw my local Nissan dealer had brand new STR's for $26888 drive away, I think this is the best new price I have seen, this was Sunco Nissan here in QLD, just thought I would share this in case anyone was about to buy a D22 you can use the following photo as leverage to get a better price, I walked around the back and they had some blue, black and silver ones to.

20130512_113446_zpsbf0fce35.jpg

cheers

Yeah, seen this too.

I think it's partly due to the Great Wall price and Mitsu have just dropped their pants on the Triton price just before the new shape comes out.

they will still do it for you without an ABN ;)

just say I will buy it for that price otherwise im going to the other guy who will match it without an ABN.

They are most definitely the best value dual cab on the market bar none, even if they have been around for ever.

They are most definitely the best value dual cab on the market bar none, even if they have been around for ever.

Yea agreed I got home the other day and my neighbor had a new one parked in his driveway I took a happy snap for him.

strangecars.com_.jpg

:p

being around for ever makes them better as far as i'm concearned.
should be plenty of spares around for them for years.

Are they possibly getting rid of 12 plated vehicles? My local dealer has about 25 D40's on the lot and most of them are 12 plated, sure he can sell them as 'new vehicles' starting from under $40K but considering many of them could have spent 6 months on the lot I wouldn't consider them new.

Still my local Nissan dealer is nothing on my local Quintrex dealer. He's selling "brand new" Qunitrex boats, one I looked at is a 2011 build and the other is a 2010 build and both engines according to their compliance plates will be out of warranty this year. The guy obviously has to have provide a warranty on a 'new' boat and motor but considering the time it's been sitting around how pissed off would one feel buying one and realising that driving to the city could get you a boat straight from the Quintrex/Stacer factory for $4K less.

Yea thats a bit rough ^ its like anything though you can get the best deal usually in the city.

oh and it being sunday I couldn't check if it was a 12 or 13 build vehicle, knowing sunco its a 2012 though, it was more just a post to show anyone thinking of buying how cheap you can get a new one and to give them a bargaining tool.

being around for ever makes them better as far as i'm concearned.
should be plenty of spares around for them for years.

Having said that though, the new triton 2.5 base model for the same price comes with heaps more feature factory than the ST-R. Same features plus: 400nm torque from the same sized motor, 4 speaker stereo, side and curtain airbags, ESC, cruise control and a few more I forgot haha (the old man just bought one for work reasons). Other than being a Nissan, the only other advantage the d22 has over the triton is free wheeling front hubs.

Edit: I quoted the wrong comment fellas disregard that haha

Isn't that Mitsubishi motor worse then the YD25 though as far as lack of low down power goes?

Isn't that Mitsubishi motor worse then the YD25 though as far as lack of low down power goes?

His you don't even need to accelerate you can just clutch it haha. Feels more pokey than the D40 he had. Anyway cruise control factory is a winner for me haha

Having said that though, the new triton 2.5 base model for the same price comes with heaps more feature factory than the ST-R. Same features plus: 400nm torque from the same sized motor, 4 speaker stereo, side and curtain airbags, ESC, cruise control and a few more I forgot haha (the old man just bought one for work reasons). Other than being a Nissan, the only other advantage the d22 has over the triton is free wheeling front hubs.

Edit: I quoted the wrong comment fellas disregard that haha

thats ok if you want a car that looks like a boat
and has the smallest tub in the range
oohh and lets not forget the service costs
it may have more creature comforts than the d22
thats why it will never be in the same class as a d22

just my opinion,i hate tritons

Last edited:
thats ok if you want a car that looks like a boat
and has the smallest tub in the range
oohh and lets not forget the service costs
it may have more creature comforts than the d22
thats why it will never be in the same class as a d22

just my opinion,i hate tritons

Haha I'm not disagreeing with you there at all, sure it looks ugly and has a small tub but surely Nissan should lift their game a little and at least offer cruise control as an option or something. But anyway I'll be keeping my 03 D22 because it seems like all cars these days aren't built like they use to. Especially the non Jap models.

Speaking of lifting their game, if nissan put the 3L common rail from the patrol in a D22 and gave its interior a revamp, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, wouldn't be that hard just the pricks don't want to invest any money into it.

Speaking of lifting their game, if nissan put the 3L common rail from the patrol in a D22 and gave its interior a revamp, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, wouldn't be that hard just the pricks don't want to invest any money into it.

Fully agree, I'd upgrade tomorrow. Even better would be a manual version of the V6 diesel in the D22. We can only dream haha :(

Latest posts

Back