cheap hid spotties

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mate got some 55w, needed a lightforce loom, but for under 300 bux he loves them.

time will tell if they last, but they produce good light.

i got these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAIR-9-5...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4164531825 and they are wicked!great light output and so far very very durable,ive had them for close to a year now (got them when they first hit ebay and there makeing them better now) for a while i had them on my bullbar on my pajero and had extream vibration but didnt effect them at all,they are now on my light bar ontop of the nav and are great.ohh and theyve taken a few birds out and had no effect,been on the nav for 15,000 ks a good 6000 of that corrugated dirt rd.my opinion there is no way id ever get anything else over them not just qaulity but price.i recently got the 11" Hid lightforce 50w ones second hand of a mate and my ebay ones are on par and they are 2" smaller and hundreds and hundreds cheaper you cant go wrong,also they now do 75w and 100w ones

i bought the 9" lights from the same place came with full loom relay and switch ready to go
very happy with the lights

i bought a set of lightforce a couple of years back for $700, sold them with the truck and very really used them.

This time round i bought 5 inch 55w HID of ebay for about 125, would i buy them again. HELL YES, lightforce, well now lets say i cant justify the price difference.

I would recommend the cheap ebay ones any day

I was looking to purchase some spotties for the nav and came across some cheap HID spotties on Ebay. this is the link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55W-2-PC...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1af3587a
has anyone else got and what do you think ? for this price i thing i'm gunna get them anyway. :saberfighting:
P.S good to have the nav forum back

I just bought something very similar to those.... 7" in size and I bought 4 of them which came to $254 for the 4 (2 spots / 2 Spreads).

Have a look/read through here if u are in Qld: HID Spotlights - Group Buy

image-596224033.jpg

These are 100w narva on the left and $39 55w hid h3 globes on the right, will test to c how long they last but yea good deal i recon

Thanks guys for the info. So which beam. Pencil or spread. I'm thinking spread because there's a lot of winding roads around here. Cheers Brett

if your only getting the pair to start with get spread,they light up well and truly as far as you need to see but mainly light up the sides aswell which is what you really want first,especially out in the bush.

Ok guys i finally got my spotties. its taken some times for them to turn up but they did come from china and i do live in the middle of no where. they do look good and came with a wiring loom that has everything you will need to make them fit and work. They even fitted straight into the predrilled holes in my genuine nissan steel winch bar and everything cleared without having to modify anything. i was able to gain access to tighten up the spot light very easily even with a winch in the way. the premade wiring loom made thing even easier. i didn't like the the on off switch so i will be changing that. For the price i think that they hard deal to beat and they seemed to fit perfectly. i purchaced a spread beam and a pencil beam and this seems to work well. The only thing that i did find was the way the up and down adjustment works its not a very fine adjustment its was either to high or to low and because it was such a course adjustment the only thing i could come up with was i jammed a zip tie under the front of the base and this got them spot on. to over come this problem i will file down the base on a slight angle. time is going to tell how them stand up and the roads and tracks where i live are always badly corrugated and rough and the wet season is not far away so there will be lots of water around and deep river crossings. If there still in good working order in 12 months then they'll be worth there money. i will post some pic's at night to show how they work tonight.
cheers

Attachments

• spotties.jpg
    spotties.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 201
ok heres some pic's taken with my phone to try and some how well they work.

Attachments

• omg1.jpg
    omg1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 181
  • omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 179
  • omg4.jpg
    omg4.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 165
  • omg5.jpg
    omg5.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 163
  • omg8.jpg
    omg8.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 170
Good to Hear.....

Keen to hear your report back as to their durability as I've got teh same lights and want to fit them to the same bar.....

rob

On a side Note..... Where abouts did u mount your Winch Control Box? I've got to find a suitable place for mine and I'm not sure where ATM

rob

the lights seem to take around 10 seconds to warm up but if i have to turn them off because of on coming traffic they come back on straight away. as for the winch control box i made brackets and mounted it to the top of the bull bar and angled it to fit behind the grill. I also had to trim the centre lower grill mount to make it fit. i did this some time ago because i used to have it mounted lower with the winch and it always filled up with water and even shorted the relay one day and the winch just started up and i was unable turn it off. luckily enough this happened when i was standing near and was able disconnect the battery. So now i have put some drain holes in the box and give it regular sprays with so WD40. here's some pic's

Attachments

• c.b.jpg
    c.b.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 134
  • c.b1.jpg
    c.b1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 141
  • c.b3.jpg
    c.b3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Back