Cheap performance mods 08 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
What would be some cheap performance mods ?

Just wanting to gain a little more power.
I've done egr blank and turbo timer was thinking next a 2.75 turbo back exhaust, new aluminum inter cooler piping and oil catch can ?

It's my every day driver so didn't want to go chip as yet

It's has 115kms

do the 2.75 exhaust system from dump pipe to 1 x free flow muffler. makes a big difference going by my d22 stock and my sons d22 piped.

What would be some cheap performance mods ?

Just wanting to gain a little more power.
I've done egr blank and turbo timer was thinking next a 2.75 turbo back exhaust, new aluminum inter cooler piping and oil catch can ?

It's my every day driver so didn't want to go chip as yet

It's has 115kms
Don't be afraid of a chip mate, it will give you more bang for your buck as opposed to an exhaust alone. The two complement each other, if you intend to keep it for a while do both, properly tuned and a mild boost increase should see a 50% increase. Driving a stock d22 in yd form is an embarasment.

Don't be afraid of a chip mate, it will give you more bang for your buck as opposed to an exhaust alone. The two complement each other, if you intend to keep it for a while do both, properly tuned and a mild boost increase should see a 50% increase. Driving a stock d22 in yd form is an embarasment.

Can I wind the boost up after exhaust and inter cooler piping have been done ?

A chip could come later too

No need to play with the intercooler pipes mate, they are only a short run with the top mount cooler. As for boost the little turbo will go to 21psi plus, but your power is not there. a simple rail chip will poke it up much more than boost alone.

if you also want your engine to last longer without snapping a timing chain and be more reliable, Don,t Chip It. just pipe it .

if you also want your engine to last longer without snapping a timing chain and be more reliable, Don,t Chip It. just pipe it .

80k now with chip exhaust and 19psi boost, tow a 1 tonne trailer every day van was 1.7tonne, not far off V9X power I've not snapped a chain, just under 3 tonne now with 32's and near 3 tonne weight. I still return 10/100 driving hard.

I think he means he's done 80,000 km with his setup.

I got that too... Meaning he has had that setup for a while and hasn't broken shit purely because of the chipped increased power (shit will inevitably break at some point regardless)

Fairly poor comments you blokes have no idea. Shall I find dyno charts from 3 years ago?, no I will spend the time with family. If you search the forum you will find my results................

Stick to being a sparky mate, at least you know what that is about.

Not everyone is a genius like you... Maybe make your posts clearer and clarify your figures. Was not the only one trying to decipher your ramblings

Get back on your happy pills john you flog.

Back