cheapest/Best way too get abit more height

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damienlegitt

Reaction score
what would be my best option to get another inch or two out of my stock suspension. i was going to get a full lift kit , but the car is brand new and i couldnt justify taking out brand new suspension to throw away for all new , plus i herd u can get good flex out of the stock springs in the d22's

would i be better to add a leaf too the rear and wind the front bars up to suite it
or would i be better too add extended shackels and wind the front up to suite that?

any feed back / pics of yours done that way would be good thanks

Damien,

The best way for you to achieve what you would like is...and this is only my opinion.

First off for your front end...

I would be looking at Calmini UCA's(from the states)they are cheaper than over here.

As your Torsion bars will only wind-up so far. With Standard UCA's you still need a good 10 to 15 mm of play in your bump stops.

For the rear.....

If you would like to add another leaf that is up to you(keeping in mind The more leafs you add the less flex the rear end will have.

2 inch Greaseable shackles is a top place to start.

But you will deathly need the aftermarket UCA's
To make the ride less harsh in the front,if you do 2 inch extended shackles...

As for adding the leaf to the rear,it's going to come down to what weight you constantly carry in there... That is where the numbers game counts.

And like I said before and more leafs you add The less flax you Will achieve.
And the ride will become harsher.if you do not have the correct load rated leafs for what you are carrying constantly....

Hope this has pointed you in the direction you wish to travel.

image-514409147.jpg

2 inch extended shackles...

Most people u know drive out of the stealership and drive right into their choice of suspension place mate.
You'll never miss the standard gear, set it up once. DO IT RIGHT.
5 years in and I'm still replacing the quick fix I did at the start.... Spend nearly double now

And when you have the stock suspension in one hand, and proper upgraded in the other, you wonder if that light, plasticy POS suspension that was in it from the factory actually did anything.

Will my stock shocks fit with 2inch shackels ?

Damien,

It all comes down to your budget.
I highly recommend you do the aftermarket Calmini UCA AND 2 inch shackles.

If you look on the Calmini website.
There 3 inch shocks,Are only $39 for the front PAIR.and around the same price for both your Rears.

But of course you need to add freight to that from the U.S. Which in reality is peanuts.

If you email CALMINI They will give you a price ship to your door...

Keep us updated what you decide.

what would be my best option to get another inch or two out of my stock suspension. i was going to get a full lift kit , but the car is brand new and i couldnt justify taking out brand new suspension to throw away for all new , plus i herd u can get good flex out of the stock springs in the d22's

would i be better to add a leaf too the rear and wind the front bars up to suite it
or would i be better too add extended shackels and wind the front up to suite that?

any feed back / pics of yours done that way would be good thanks

Hi mate, an extra leaf to your rear pack and a small torsion bar adjustment will gain about 20mm. Your crappy shocks remain and you will have a horrible ride. As the per the above suggestions do it properly.

Rip it out. I killed my factory nissan shocks in 17,000km. Granted, I drove round Australia on dirt roads, but the stock stuff is crap.

Latest posts

Back