Check your insurance policy renewal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockstandard

Reaction score
I recently received my policy renewal from my insurance agency ( if you want to know who it is PM me ) and they want $824.01 for 12 months on my 2005 ZD30 STR and they were going to cover it for $21,100. oh and im 29 and male

Now i thought this was a little too much for the amount they were covering it for so i did an online quote, through the same insurance agency im currently with, and the quote came out to $644 and they will cover it for $24,400. I also added a $1500 stereo into the quote at the same time.

So i emailed them asking WTF was going on and i got this back.

Unfortunately, the online discount can not be applied on your renewal. It is not our intention to penalise customers who are renewing their policy but rather the objective of the promotion is to generate new business on our website.

After comparing the details of your current policy and the online quotation you have obtained, there are a number of differences between the two. These differences include:

the windscreen benefit - your current policy currently includes the windscreen benefit. The windscreen benefit allows you to make one claim a year for us to repair/replace your front windscreen with a nil excess. You are able to add the benefit onto your internet quote for an additional cost.
the non standard accessories - non standard accessories can both increase and lower your premium. The non standard accessories on your current policy are bull bar, mud flaps, roof racks and a tow bar. Whilst on the internet quote you have selected sound system, bull bar, floor mats, immobiliser and roof racks
the online discount of $50

As far as i'm concerned im still better off with the online quote....

So check your renewal against a new quote guys, you could be in for a shock.

i have my 06 d40 stx insured with nrma for 29.5k. my policy went up from $50p/m to $60 p/m, even thou the value dropped? did an online quote with aami which came in at $50p/m, called nrma, they beat it by 10%, so down to $45(new policy). missed the first payement, so policy cancelled, started a new one again, this time $78p/m wtf! another aami online quote, this time $36p/m. back to nrma who again beat it by 10%, so i now pay only $32p/m
less than half the original price!
eric

it definitely pays to looks around....called youi, cos apparently they understand how i use my car. I told them exactly what i told my current insurance agency and they wanted $1100. Fair to say i told them no thanks lol.

i can't the believe the difference in quotes from the one company. can only imagine how much money they're swindling out of the people with no idea. going to have a crack at my home/contents policy(also nrma) and see what i can get it down to!

It is crazy how as the value of the car go's down the premium go's up. When I was 20 and got my 2nd motorbike the bike cost $13000 and RACV and AAMI wanted $6000 a year to cover it. So I rode it for about 4 years with just 3rd party, even early this year now that I am 28 it was still $90 a month.

pays to chech what you are and are not covered for, particulary when it comes to using it as a 4x4. a weekend trip up the beach could end up costing more than you think.

My insurance went up this year buy around 80 bucks from memory. Called them up and asked why and how i was looking elsewhere, they came back down to the same price it was the year before without much fuss. Just asked nicely and chatted the girl up on the phone a little..haha

That was with aami. RACV couldnt even match the inflatted price i got off aami. They were about 50 bucks more again even when i told them what i was paying.

Pete

im with allianz and it went up by over $100 this year compared to last year, rang them up and they said that i added the windscreen cover and 60% no claim bonus protection after i took the policy out (which is correct) still i bitched about it and they lowered it to what it was last year and i get the extra benefit so im cheering lol $744 if anyone is wondering

Time has come again, but now I live in melbourne. So far i have these quotes

AAMI - $977 insured for $23,400
YOUI - $830 insured for market value + $3200 of accessories

moving interstate has cost me an extra $200 in premium and $75 in excess.

Just insured ours with Shannons. 2006 STR d22 agreed value $20k and 2008 Toyota Kluger agreed value $29k for $980 for the year. I live in Bundy and am closer to 40 than 30 yrs young.
I do have to make another enquiry with Shannons though as I am not sure wheher they will cover me up the beach??

Back