Insurance Renewal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been insured with youi for three years now and each year it's been around $750 inc lift, winch, lights and canopy full comp.

This year I managed to get myself 9 points on my licence in 2 months (speeding ticket 12kmph over on freeway plus a 10kph over on double demerits weekend). Twenty years driving without so much as a parking ticket and then a rough year but I broke the rules so fair cop.

Anyway, expected my insurance to go up at renewal but got a shock when renewal notice came in at $1800!! Rang and talked it down to $1600. Rang around and budget offered me $675 despite the points on my licence. I read through the policy and realised I wouldn't be covered for off road so I rang youi back and told them about the budge quote and they matched it!! Now have full comp, with all my mods on the same car with points on my licence for less than I was paying last year.

Shows it pays to shop around and haggle.

i just insured my brand spanking Str for 30k including mods. Youi quoted about $700, ANZ were about the same, but NRMA were $489. i had to do it online, but it was no drama. All 3 policies were pretty much the same. I didnt continue shopping around as i had been told by a few people that NRMA are very competitive. They are a big noise in the insurance game, so hope they deliver if need be....hope i never have to find out but!!

Mad Nav...... Just for your info mate, Youi has an option to include windscreen cover, unlimited cover for front back and side windows including canopy windows and sunroofs and if you take the option there is only a $50 window XS, they also replace any tinting on the window free of charge as well

I'm with suncorp and have all glass covered . Under $ 700 . Youi quoted me more than that ! It shit me given I drive a company car It's garaged 90% of the time have an excellent driving history and I'm nearly 50 Y/O

i just insured my brand spanking Str for 30k including mods. Youi quoted about $700, ANZ were about the same, but NRMA were $489. i had to do it online, but it was no drama. All 3 policies were pretty much the same. I didnt continue shopping around as i had been told by a few people that NRMA are very competitive. They are a big noise in the insurance game, so hope they deliver if need be....hope i never have to find out but!!

I was with nrma for about 5 years, I had an at fault claim in 2011, paid my excess had the repairs done. 2 years later when I went to renew the policy they told me they would no longer insure me because of my claim in 2011. So they let me stay for 2 years after my claim? So they could make some more money back maybe? What if I had another claim in that time? Would they have covered me? I have heard a few people get dodgy stuff from nrma, will not be using them again.

Budget direct are known not to cover people after accidents when there renewal is up as well... People have to stop thinking that there driving history and there age is the only thing that goes towards getting them the best price..... I have worked for Youi for years and hear countless stories every day of all companies on the market doing the dodge and providing shithouse claims service...... People shouldnt get the shits when a company give them a high price, they should get over it and realise that, that particular company just isnt for them

Back