Children and 4x4ing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennett

Reaction score
At what age did you first take your kids 4wding, and what precautions did you take. I seen these little neck braces for kids just so they don't get so jolted about, what are your thoughts?

Both my girls started at about 6 months old, no special precautions just a good car seat and dont go too silly. Found they both slept most of the time even in the rough stuff, a blanket rolled up placed next to their head was used occasionally.

In a baby capsule they're going to be fairly well off, but we've never done anything so dramatic that we've jolted the occupants enough to cause them brain damage. I guess I take it a lot slower!

Our first actual real get it right off the road 4WD trip with the grandson was when he was 3. He loved it - watched the Wiggles the entire time!

I guess if you feel more comfortable with having them in some sort of harness or bracing then go for it, but I think it does them good to learn how to handle unexpected motion and at that age, most kids are nearly unbreakable unless you're trying to park on them.

Both my girls started at about 6 months old, no special precautions just a good car seat and dont go too silly. Found they both slept most of the time even in the rough stuff, a blanket rolled up placed next to their head was used occasionally.

same ^
the rougher the road the quicker my young bloke fell asleep :dontknow:

6 weeks old was the first camping trip pretty well for both our kids, there was some 4x4ing but it wasnt extream hard core rock jumping, We had out boy at Landcruiser park at 6 months old, you just take things slower and dont do the hardest hill climbs you can find. my kids (nearly4 and nearly2) now love 4x4ing.

so basicly go for it if you feel comfortable

bryan

both mine have been out and about since they were a few months old, just common sense ands nothing that could be dangerous.

First trip for our 2nd child 4weeks old was at stockton. Just take it easy and try to reduce bumps. As infants As developed strength in neck so you don't want their head to bounce around. Otherwise I dont see why 4wd do any harms especially slow driving ones as long as you don't put car up side down

Latest posts

Back