Children in D22 str

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannog

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Have always liked the D22 STR and have decided to buy myself a new 4X4.

Just wondering how people go with young kids in the STR from a space point of view. Ive got a 3year old and a 7 week old, the 3year olds seat should be no problem but im a bit worried about the 7week olds seat as it needs to be reversed.
What do you guys think enough room as a second family car? For camping, touring etc or should I just look at something else.

Thanks
Daniel

Forgot to mention I will be adding a canopy so I wont be needing the back seat for any storage, just the kids. Also aware I will need to get child seat mounting points fitted.

The D22 is a bit small in the back, but i never had a problem or i should say my kids never had a problem with room until my daughter got to about 12 then she found it a bit small. My wife's seat kept getting pushed more and more forward which gave her the shits. Thats why when i lost my D22 and had to replace it, i chose the D40 for the extra room.
Sorry i cant tell you about the capsule, but i do know that you will have to have brackets mounted behind the seat. They are not standard, so i just got them put in.

This is one of the things that really disappoint me with our D22, lack of rear leg room. And as our daughter keeps bean sprouting, she complains more. Hate to say it, but you should see the new Tritons, has more room in the back than my Commodore, and the front is still good too.

we've got a 3, 5 & 7 year old that do lots of trips in a D22 - we recently did 6500k in 4 weeks - no problems (and there was a tool box in behind the pass seat which was a foot rest for my 5 year old) - we've had (at one stage) 2 baby capsules in the back without a problem. It's our 2nd car and tho I could virtually have any car as a 2nd car I would not change from a d22. it's a workhorse 4wd that carries the whole family anywhere I want to go.

Dan a capsule will fit. You just have to have the passenger seat forward a little. Also as has been said you will neeto have baby seat points fitted. Will cost you about $300. If your buying 2nd hand Ask you local dealer who they use to fit them from new or if buying new make them through them in as part of the deal.

Bryan

we've got a 3, 5 & 7 year old that do lots of trips in a D22 - we recently did 6500k in 4 weeks - no problems (and there was a tool box in behind the pass seat which was a foot rest for my 5 year old) - we've had (at one stage) 2 baby capsules in the back without a problem. It's our 2nd car and tho I could virtually have any car as a 2nd car I would not change from a d22. it's a workhorse 4wd that carries the whole family anywhere I want to go.

Thats it mate.....go the '22:rock:

Hi All... We have a 2008 D22 Dual cab. We need to get a baby seat fitted eventually and was wondering if anyone has had it done? Is it costly?

Ive got a 2 year old and with the baby seat in the upright position its rubbish for the passenger. I didn't even think about it before i bought it, but i guess that's why they don't come from factory with a child restraint anchor point. Upgrade to a D40 or a Triton or a Hilux they all have heaps more room and not as much as a budget 4wd.

Latest posts

Back