Chilean Territory, My Trips Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndour

Reaction score
hello people!!

im always lookin at the forum for info, fun and of course learn somethin new about your amazing country!!.

because of that, i decided to create a thread where i can share with all of you the amazing places of my dear country Chile.

I'm always traveling by myself or with my friends(u will see them in some pics when the time comes).

so here is the first

like i said in my presentation post, im from Chile and i live in Antofagasta. It's a port city next to the most driest desert in the world: Desierto de Atacama.

the trip i did is a one day route on 19th january 2013, about 200Km bordering the ocean(pacific ocean) from antofagasta to mejillones. There are differents terrains as sand, rocks, gravel. The route is not complicated but you need at least good clearence and lot of patience, cause most of the route you wont go over 30km/h.

first the route i loaded from my GPS into google earth. the north is top of the picture. the route is the one at the left, the right route is the one i did to come back the city(bishufita road with light gravel, 90 to 120Km/h easily)

stamariamejillones.jpg

next the photos are from the trip itself.

im not going to post every photo so i made an album so you can click in the link and watch them full quality.

first the Santa Maria island

me and the nav lookin to northwest! looking for the best trail

my first target, the top of that hill

Last edited:
first beach, i dont know the name but i named it "Playa Acantilado"

here there is a big uphill, very sandy and stepped, i think the nav can do it but i was by myself so i wasnt trying any hard thing

almost in my first waypoint, here i was in a plain area before heading to the top of the hill, there was a thin sand all over the place. i had to flat down my tires from 25PSI to 12PSI. on the background is the "Santa Maria Island" and "Juan Lopez Hill", of course the ocean too.

Last edited:
finally at top of the first waypoint!! i started at sea level and this hill is 650m over the sea. the pictures dont show how stepped and bad was the hill, there are lot of loosen rocks and soft gravel. i think it was around 30 or 40 degrees uphill. the trail was really small so you had to be very concetrated to dont fall down the hill.

second beach, i didnt find where was the trail to go down

Last edited:
the last waypoint of the trip was try to get as near as i can of the place where sea wolf were. this area is well known because of the sea wolfs and the rich wildlife you find. you see lot of them(i counted like 50 of them), is hard enough to find this place to keep it almost untouched.

here i decided to finish the trip because the sunlight was almost done, i was by myself and still had like 1 hour of road to get into civilization again.

i hope you enjoyed this fast but beautiful story of the trip i did. i will be adding more stories in the future.

for now u can visit the album to see more photos!!

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10038249/

greetings and thanks for reading my thread!!

Last edited:
Hi Houndour, thanks for the trip info, it is great to see some of the other amazing places in the world (like many here, I'm Australian).
If you do more trips, post up some photos, as I for one would love to see them!

Cheers

Many thanks Houndour for your write up and pics.

From I have seen of Chile your country looks fantasic.

Dunno if it's my browser but your pics turned out quite small.

Many thanks Houndour for your write up and pics.

From I have seen of Chile your country looks fantasic.

Dunno if it's my browser but your pics turned out quite small.

i posted them in thumbtail, if you click on them, you will get another window opened with the real size photo.

thanks to everybody for posting!! chile is an amazing place!! from the most driest desert to the antartic territory, we have all type of landscape and weather! mountains are around 350km away from ocean.

ill be posting soon the trip i did last november to the mountains, camping and offroading over 3900m over the sea level.

greetings!!

beautiful pictures! That's amazing about Chile, all types of weather.. in the south, where I live, it's so different.. cold weather & lots of rain forests

Latest posts

Back