chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is EGR block required with chip? What happens with it not blocked and a chip installed?

above 2000rpm with egr blocked whatever the tune it won't matter,only at low rpm it will help and it's about 4hp your air con uses more hp than this but neverless it's a mod that long term makes it more drivable and helps keeep things clean

Help - trying to install my chip it and cant find where the map sensor plugs connect too.

its a 08 D40 dual cab, spanish built if that helps.
cheers

mines a Thia built but i would say they are the same it is on the drivers side of the (radiator/inter-cooler)cant remember which one pull the front grill of to gain access and u cant miss it

Cheers. I connected it and thus far.... Wow. Significant power increase. Real test will come this weekend towing the boat and all loaded up.

The MAP sensor is located near the driver side head lamp. Remove the grille by popping off the locking tabs and then removing the whole plastic clip x4. then you have 4 sliding keepers under the grill. lift and slide back.

The MAP sensor is just on the left.

Cheers

Chip It
I have a 2007 D40 Auto, I have increased the tyre size to 265/70 as I do a fair bit of off road work and need the bigger tyres for ground clearance, of course this has knocked the towing performance of the vehicle down a peg or 2, which is a problem for me.

I tow a boat or a camper trailer most weekends and am hoping to improve the towing ability of the vehicle as it is constantly downshifting and basically living in fourth gear at 2800-3000rpm which is obviously not great for my temper or fuel economy.

Both of my trailers weigh in at around 1100kg when loaded. I know these vehicles are renown for having a shift happy gearbox but I was hoping to be able to significantly increase torque in the 1800-2400 rpm range to try and hold top gear at highway speeds,
Is this a possibility or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

For those as I was that are sceptical - I wish I did it earlier....

Benefits
fuel went from 575klm a tank to 650+ (got 680 last fill)
Holds top gear when towing and general driving a heap better
Power increase is noticeable and that isn't even dyno tuned to suit the car....

DPF isn't deleted but was next on the list, however I am selling the ute now

and for those who are sceptical about there service read on
i was in sydney today and planned on calling into chipits sydney office to discuss and more than likely purchase one of there chips
those of you who know me know i firmly believe steinbaeur have the safest chip on the market i have been trying to purchase one
steinbaeur still tell me the chip is still not developed and ready
sooo anyhow i was ready to purchase a chip it as a comprimize
i arrived at there sydney adress (as advertised on there website)
no one there,no shop at all
i rang the sydney number only to be told they had moved (thanks for updating the website)
no worries i said whats the new adress ile call over
oohh we can take your order over the phone and mail the chip to you
umm dont you offer a full service/fitting in your sydney shop ????
oohh we have no stock at the moment cause its all been recalled by head office
there was a problem with the circuit boards blah blah blah
hmm
on the way home driving up the freeway i tried there national 1800 number
i did this several times
press one for sales
did that
sorry we are busy
press 2 for dealer enquiries
did that
sorry we are busy
press 3 for admin
yep they were busy too
press 4 for technical support
message stated that all technical support enquiries MUST now be sent via email(to improve there service??)
thats a great help when they advertise phone support for technical issues
so
if i cant get service BEFORE i purchase one of there items
looks like i wait for steinbaeur to release there chip

Last edited:
sucks balls sparra! most people I've read on here have had good dealings with Chip It and Rob from Chip It is usually lurking around here somewhere and seems to get back to people pretty quickly. Personally, I don't have a chip yet but was going to get a Chip It chip, hopefully I don't encouter the same issues as you when I go to get one, although I'll most likely buy mine from OL rather than direct...

you weren't on my website. It was updated 3 weeks ago.

http://www.chiptuning.com.au/

Looks like you are buying an inferior steinbuyer cause if that's what you're like BEFORE you're a customer .... LOL

:)

.... i arrived at there sydney adress (as advertised on there website)
no one there,no shop at all
i rang the sydney number only to be told they had moved (thanks for updating the website)

Looks like you are buying an inferior steinbuyer cause if that's what you're like BEFORE you're a customer .... LOL

With a reply like that, I would buy SB also. Maybe a customer service training course would be more important then a new website. He posted personal dealings which clearly weren't professional, I can't see that being a issue with his character or attitude.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Chip it never fails to impress on their lack of customer service and how they always talk down the safest chip...

If a mechanical engineer from Denso has designed and rated the fuel rail and injectors for 1800bar (according to a nissan service manual) then you shouldn't play around with that, no doubt there would be a factor of safety in that but your still pushing the system beyond its design parameters.

mate i was on chipits website,several times
you are listed as an agent,who "supplies and fits in a fully equiped workshop"
(i see the sydney adress has now been updated)
i spent about 3 hrs online researcing the chip and was ready to buy
was it you who i spoke to over phone?
why cant i contact head office??
why were the chips recalled and why havent we heard about this recall?
you are right about one thing
i wont be buying there product
its probably the best that i buy the "inferior" steinbaeur
at least they value prospective customers
and awnser there phone
and are polite and professional

and wtf with tecnical support via email only?

Last edited:
Yes you spoke to me Sparra.

You never went to our site and I don't have the admin rights to change the address on Chip It's site. Also, when I told you MY stock was sent back for a new board update I didn't say they were stuffed ... I just want my customers to get the latest update. This is a good thing but you paint it out to look bad. You're wrong mate.

So when you get on a public forum and rubbish my name, you expect me to just take it right?

As others have said, my customer service is real good and friendly. I bend over backward to help out. Just not prepared to bend over forwards.

For those that want some facts: SB advise rightfully they get UP TO 20% increase in torque. (we get 40 -50% increase). They dont add boost with their tunes so AFRs are rich, they are more expensive, made overseas and have no real time active EGT control (engine safety feature).

If you are interested in a REAL Performance Chip I think even without the forum discount we are pretty hard to beat. The forum discount, for those that look deeper is a REAL 10% off. You buy direct from Chip It Perth OR ANY OTHER PLACE and the price is $999.00. You need to order through the email as the signature suggests.

And my commitment to my customers as mentioned and to this forum is first rate. My customers know this. :)

Sparra i can vouch Highly for both Chip It and Roberts Customer service and support. i Purchased a unit from Rob around 3 months ago, i was having trouble with the install so gave him a call at 7.30 at night and he he talked me through it over the phone.
The initial unit supplied by Robert was Faulty, had Rob had more stock on hand he would have replaced it on the spot. he gave me the number for Chip it Australia head office in Perth who sent me out a COMPLETE new unit and harness. since fitting the unit on my car it runs SO much better than factoryt. mate i would rather buy an Australian backed product that i can speak to directly should i have any issues... my case is a prime example...

Yes you spoke to me Sparra.

You never went to our site and I don't have the admin rights to change the address on Chip It's site. Also, when I told you MY stock was sent back for a new board update I didn't say they were stuffed ... I just want my customers to get the latest update. This is a good thing but you paint it out to look bad. You're wrong mate.

So when you get on a public forum and rubbish my name, you expect me to just take it right?

As others have said, my customer service is real good and friendly. I bend over backward to help out. Just not prepared to bend over forwards.

For those that want some facts: SB advise rightfully they get UP TO 20% increase in torque. (we get 40 -50% increase). They dont add boost with their tunes so AFRs are rich, they are more expensive, made overseas and have no real time active EGT control (engine safety feature).

If you are interested in a REAL Performance Chip I think even without the forum discount we are pretty hard to beat. The forum discount, for those that look deeper is a REAL 10% off. You buy direct from Chip It Perth OR ANY OTHER PLACE and the price is $999.00. You need to order through the email as the signature suggests.

And my commitment to my customers as mentioned and to this forum is first rate. My customers know this. :)

i am not rubbishing you personally or your name (your not chipit ?)
i have had no dealings with you other than a 2 min phonecall
but yes i was pissed off on being sent to the wrong adress and then also be told theres no stock
i decided to drop in and see YOU personally because i believe face to face is better when possible
i was happy to order one on the way home over phone with head office but they dont awnser there phone and i tried for over an hour?,and again later in the day
the tech support via email only was the last straw
i just wasnt satisfied with the whole experiance of trying to purchase one of these chips
ime sorry you got mixed up in it

Last edited:
Back