Chipit fuel rail limiter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTrev

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has ever put chip it's after market fuel rail limiter in and what sort of spanner or socket did they use? Because there is next to no room and it is tight as.

Never installed it and never had any issues. Someone who has done it should comment soon. From what I've heard you need a spanner and a long bar to get the leverage to crack it. Make sure you do it up just as tight cause its under a lot of pressure.

it was fair while back i did mine either a spanner or a breaker bar/socket and a long piece of round tube to use as a lever it is extremely tight i had the whole motor moving on the mounts to loosen and tighten it.sorry i can remember much more im pretty sure there is a thread in the forum somewhere where someone else done it and i asked them for advice.

180nm. 3/4 ring spanner with 13/16 (or larger) looped on open end of 3/4 and a couple of firm palm whacks (as every mechanic knows he's not supposed to do but still does) and it was off. Same method to tighten new one. I took engine cover bracket off for more room. Apparently it is only recommended to be fitted on higher tunes, seemed like a cheap insurance so to speak even though I'm not going to be maxing my Dom3 out.

Hi Big Trev,
What a pain in the arse it was to get the Pressure relief valve loose, From memory it was a 19mm spanner for the main body of the Valve but using the open end is no good as the spanner will start to spread open before the valve will loosen.
You need to get the end bolt out that the Fuel return line is attached to using a 14mm spanner, but again it's very tight.
I also had to cut the 14mm spanner shorter as the firewall and various lines are in the way, then you need to hit the spanner with a hammer to break the bolt grip, once you have finished swearing & cursing & the bolt is out you can then put the ring end of the 19mm spanner finally on the main valve body & again use a hammer to crack the valve away from the fuel rail.
This took me four seperate occassions to finally get the bloody thing off!!!
Also make sure the spacer you put inside the pressure relief valve is about 4mm long as this is the recommended size to use.

Back