Clarky...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FatBoy89 said:
What light strips did you use in the canopy
Mate? Nice length. Are the flexible or hard? And how did you mount them?

Hey mate, I got them from the eBay seller "emozsales" they're Melbourne based and they ship super fast. They're flexible and come with a 3M sticky back, though I used copious cable ties inside the canopy and some 227 automotive sika flex to stick them to the rear window. I can't rate these LED strip highly enough.

joshy

the rigs looking good. keep it up. i cna recommend these sax springs. i packed the car for a weekend camping and lost no height in the car. it felt seriously nice to drive and once unloaded it felt the same. i know when you ring sax you will get a big sales hype about the springs but there is a reason. its cause it really works. its comfortable ladened and unladened and were super easy to fit the springs.

keep the updates coming

Rusty

ok, here's some photos of the battery tray install.

Pic1, Overall photo of the install

Pic2, Close-up shot of the bolt i had trouble getting in because of the silly air-con pipe

Pic3, And the other air-con pipe this tray had to clear (and does!)

Pic4, Fuel hose i had to extend to make it all work.

Pic5, The only hole i have to drill to complete the install, still unsure how i'm gonna do this, i need to find a right-angle drill from somewhere!

Now for some links to the ebay sellers i've been getting my gear from:
LED strips
LED work Lamps
Diesel+Water Tanks
Fuse Blocks

I highly recommend all of these sellers, they're quick on the postage and have good products (at least what i bought is!)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 135
ok, here's some better shots of a few things in the engine bay.

Pic1, The little lights i've installed under the bonnet for working at night

Pic2, and the light that two of them throw. epicly awesome!

Pic3, The Provent Catch Can, i need to relocate this to make the battery tray work properly.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 142
and a few more photos of the tub set up...

Pic1, The back end of the battery box, still a few finishing touches, but pretty much done.

Pic2, The little wing piece with the air compressor chuck and air compressor switch and air-vent.

Pic3, The air compressor, it's fully sic

Pic4, Where i'm keeping the air compressor things. the little green baggy thing contains the tire chuck and a blower nozzle thingy.

Pic5, and the back of the Ute with the internal and external canopy LED strips on.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 120
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 151
and now some shots of the truck doing it's thing.... flexin' it up.

Attachments

• _MG_5801_2_3_adjust.jpg
    _MG_5801_2_3_adjust.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 165
  • _MG_5810_1_2_adjust.jpg
    _MG_5810_1_2_adjust.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 166
as already stated. that flex is pretty impressive. guess its the bonus of having them and not winding them up ot the 3" ride height and keeping them at the 2" allowing more down travel. i think i will get the locker in then get some more travelout of mine

Rusty

Yeah I may have to follow.. Wonder if the is has away bar disconnects for them?

FatBoy89 said:
Yeah I may have to follow.. Wonder if the is has away bar disconnects for them?

Dunno, the only navara disconnects I've found online are for the rear in a 2wd model, but then neither Bryce nor Boosted have their away bar in at all, and judging by the fact it's a pretty weak looking thing, it's not that essential to the performance.

If you find some disconnects, lemme know I'd love some

joshman said:
Dunno, the only navara disconnects I've found online are for the rear in a 2wd model, but then neither Bryce nor Boosted have their away bar in at all, and judging by the fact it's a pretty weak looking thing, it's not that essential to the performance.

If you find some disconnects, lemme know I'd love some

Just remove it... See how you go?

Only just got around to reading this thread and its good stuff!!

Do you have any pics on what lights you used and how you mounted them in the front wheel wells?

fzrr said:
Only just got around to reading this thread and its good stuff!!

Do you have any pics on what lights you used and how you mounted them in the front wheel wells?

Sure can post those mate! I've got some more to install at the rear of the vehicle, hopefully I'll get that done this weekend, and will post photos of the lot.

Does Clarky have a winch mate? How do you go about fitting a wince with rope if the cradle will be 2 inches too low?

FatBoy89 said:
Does Clarky have a winch mate? How do you go about fitting a wince with rope if the cradle will be 2 inches too low?

Nah, no winch yet, it's on the cards after the second cranking battery and tray drawers. But it's gonna be a fun ride to try and put in! Do wjnch's bolt to the chassis? Or the steel bar? I was under the impression they sit in a cradle on the bar.

Latest posts

Back