Cleaning the engine and engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballzy90

Reaction score
After having fun in the dirt or mud I like to give my engine a good clean. Usually I just go to one of those self serve car washes, leave the engine running and give it a good spray all over with the engine cleaner option. Finishing it off with a good blast of clean water. I just read that the gearbox and diff breather lines finish in the engine bay. So naturally I started freaking about how I would be forcing water down the breather lines and filling my gearbox and diffs with water and soap. So I want to know what you guys do to avoid this or what you do to clean your engine after a day in the mud. Obviously I'm going the lazy mans route of spray and let it drip dry. So any advice other than getting into it with a toothbrush in every nook and cranny would be appreciated. đź‘Ť

Dont leave the engine running! And shouldnt do it with a hot engine. I use the hose at home. I cover airbox battery and anything else that sjouldnt get wet with a plastic bag and hise it down

Dont leave the engine running! And shouldnt do it with a hot engine. I use the hose at home. I cover airbox battery and anything else that sjouldnt get wet with a plastic bag and hise it down

That's a good idea!! The plastic bags bit

I have to get all this out up underneath the bullbar some how :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415757698.254354.jpg

I figured leaving the engine running would be a good idea in case the electrics get too wet and causes the engine not to start again. I'll heed your advice from now on and make sure the engine is off. From now on I'll cover the battery and snorkel intake so I don't get any water in there too. Thanks guys

I figured leaving the engine running would be a good idea in case the electrics get too wet and causes the engine not to start again. I'll heed your advice from now on and make sure the engine is off. From now on I'll cover the battery and snorkel intake so I don't get any water in there too. Thanks guys

Dont forget to take the plastic bag of the snorkel before starting! Lmao iv done that before

Get in there with the high pressure rinse at the car wash! Should of done it straight away lol

Ye this was taken before I went at it with one of them but I still couldn't get it all out :/. If I spray directly down to the bash plate will the splash back of water hurt the engine??

Engine will be fine. What bash plate is it? Standard mud catcher? Iv got tjm bashplates and can get in there with the high pressure jet

Latest posts

Back