clock in dash losing time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev777

Reaction score
I have a 2011 D40 ST
It has a digital clock in the radio and another one in the dash
Since I don't wear a watch, I rely on the clock in the car and the main one at eyesight is the one in the dash
Unfortunately it loses a significant amount of time (have to try and quantify it)
I have reported this to my Nissan dealer and they have been dismissive saying that this has NEVER happened before

Has anyone else out there had a problem with the clock(s) in your Navara not keeping good time?

I think I am up for a bit of a fight about this one as I don't think this is acceptable.

I have reported this to my Nissan dealer and they have been dismissive saying that this has NEVER happened before

No its not acceptable.....
typical response from a dealer.
just becuase "they say" its "never" happened before means shit...it CAN happen....if your in warranty and its definatly loosing time get nissan to replace it....its meant to be "Fit for Purpose".

end of story!!

I think it's impossible for the two clocks to ever be the same time, but I haven't had an issue with one loosing time.

I agree with what Krankin says, the response isn't good enough keep at Nissan, although my guess is that the fix would be harder than most Nissan techs experience reaches so I'm not over surprised they want to palm it off.

Thts a bit stupid for them to pretty much say "bad luck" sounds like you got an awesome helpful advisor. As said before. Not acceptable. Call Nisaan.
1800 035 035 and tell them the dealer that sent you away.
So many lazy advisors out there nowadays.

The dash clock in my King cab (thai build also) lost about 5mins every 2 weeks, niggling pain in the arse but I didn't do anything about it

My clock is more accurate than this, but it's not perfect - I tend to rely on the GPS satellite timeclock that my in-dash system uses to set its clock all the time.

With yours, I would absolutely insist that it is rectified.

Hi Rev777
Just trolling the forum as i've been too busy to look up for a while. Your post caught my eye. My "2009" D40 has no probs with its clock but my dads new car has. Funnily enough it's not a Nissan. He just bought a new Ford Territory diesel that has the turbo diesel engine from the Land Rover. While yakking about the car he mentioned that the digital clock was losing time. I smell a dodgy component supplier. I'd bet the farm that all the big makers know who the culprit is. They just don't want the headache.

clock in dash

My dash clock is inaccurate in my ST and always has been but I don't know how much. I ignore it and rely on the clock in the radio.

seems as though its not an isolated problem, more a fault that too few are complaining to nissan about.

My 2010 D40's clock started to gain time (about 5mins a day) I reset it twice and it has not faulted since. If it plays up again it'll be back to the dealer.

Epic thread dig, thought this would be better than starting a new thread on the topic. I too have a problem with my new nav losing time on the dash clock, about 10 minutes over the last week. Enough to make it pretty much useless. Plus I don't have a clock on the stereo to make things even worse. Any known fix for this?

It will be a bad capacitor that sets the Crystal oscillator frequency. Not to hard a fix but prob not really worth the effort. I dont know if mine is accurate or not as some dipso snapped off the setting stalk so now its unable to be set. Must get round to fixing that one day....

Yeah you get that. Mine actually goes slower a minute every so often. I just flick it up to whatever time my phone says. My head unit has a clock with the correct time on it anyway.
2004 D22 ST-R

Last edited:
Does anyone else have the problem where you reset the time and when you let go of the finger dial it flicks to what ever time it wants. It's real weird when it happens and can take 3 or 4 goes to stop doing this. 2013 D40

Latest posts

Back