cold start issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94edxr

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having trouble starting my 2005 d22 on cold starts. once it starts in runs perfect and starts perfect. it throws the engine light on in the dash as well. i have replaced the glow plugs and it is still doing the same thing. my mechanic can't guarantee what the issue is and is guessing it could be the starter motor. he's checked the fault code and cleared it but once started it throws the code again. can anyone give me some feed back. thanks

thanks, my battery is only 3 months old. i will get it checked just in case though.

Not sure on the code. I will ask the mechanic tomorrow and post it. Thanks

It's throwing codes 36/37. Crank angle sensor. I have had it checked and it's all good. Still hard to start.

someone had an issue where a faulty relay was causing interference to the crank angle sensor, which would make the ecu think the rpm was not high enough and not to inject the fuel.

It's throwing codes 36/37. Crank angle sensor. I have had it checked and it's all good. Still hard to start.
what engine do you have?

36/37 is not a code for the ZD30 (crank sensor code is 0407). however some readers use their own codes.
you can also double check by reading the codes yourself via the engine light.

How in the name would you find that fault... That's insane!

Still awaiting diagnosis on mine.........
i think someone put a oscilloscope to check the wave form of the crank sensor. noticed it went nuts on starting. probably process of elimination from there.

some engines ecu's will feed live data to a code reader so you an see it that way, but its always good to check straight from the source.

Latest posts

Back