Comments regarding chip it, chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used the software, but try making sure you're not connected to any network (turn off WiFi) then disable your firewall and try again. Might have to kick the antivirus in the ass for the time being too. Once you discover which one it is, make an exception for the program in the firewall/antivirus' settings.

Other than that, I can't think of a reason.

Tried all that too. I'm now at a loss.

with the chip it chip on tune 5. i think the fuel pressure is to high in the fuel rail and keeps bypassing. i have a fuel rail limiter disc would anyone be able to tell me where it go's please? as chip it dont supply any info about that in the chip kit
pics would help alot

with the chip it chip on tune 5. i think the fuel pressure is to high in the fuel rail and keeps bypassing. i have a fuel rail limiter disc would anyone be able to tell me where it go's please? as chip it dont supply any info about that in the chip kit
pics would help alot

PM me your email address and i'll email you the instructions.

try another brand of Serial USB Convertor. May be a driver issue. If u are close to the shops ... Sydney or Perth you can drop in for support.

99% of the time it is driver compatibility (or lack thereof)

Also, you didnt mention what the Device Manager says... ie what comms port

pics would help alot

Its on the thumb drive ... or should be. I can email to you if you need

Don't you face the issue of WHITE smoke when you remove the original (cat/dump pipe)?
A few have. How do you cure that problem?

You are right. The white smoke issue is on cold start so it has nothing to do with DPF Post Burn Injection Regen Cycle.

Some people just haven't done the hard yards yet and are advising incorrectly.

try another brand of Serial USB Convertor. May be a driver issue. If u are close to the shops ... Sydney or Perth you can drop in for support.

99% of the time it is driver compatibility (or lack thereof)

Also, you didnt mention what the Device Manager says... ie what comms port

Robert

I'm in the middle of nowhere. 1850km north of PErth. No shops sell anything like USB adapters. I've spoken to Dean at Clarkson and he is organising something for me.

I'm using Windows 7 and have tried all the drivers with no luck. The comms port is 7 and the device is working correctly.

I'll see how i go with the new adapter. If you could get a hold of Dean and ask that he test the adapter prior to sending it so we know it works. Once it gets up here and i still have problems then we know it's a driver issue.

Its on the thumb drive ... or should be. I can email to you if you need

Thanks I got it emailed to from the shop but I have an apple I had a bit of an idea where abouts it went so I just tried it. Then I looked at my emails and I and seen that you’s leave the spring in but I had left it out along with that other little it and put it all back together my bad I think, will I have a problem, with the disc blowing out or something like that?

i had i little bit of a drive and its so good to drive now i'm just a little woried about that disc but ill be telling my mates to get chip it chips for sure

Last edited:
Thanks I got it emailed to from the shop but I have an apple I had a bit of an idea where abouts it went so I just tried it. Then I looked at my emails and I and seen that you’s leave the spring in but I had left it out along with that other little it and put it all back together my bad I think, will I have a problem, with the disc blowing out or something like that?

i had i little bit of a drive and its so good to drive now i'm just a little woried about that disc but ill be telling my mates to get chip it chips for sure

How did you get the rail nut thingy off? Mine is too bloody tight. I got the banjo bolt off but couldn't go any further. What spanner did you use?

How did you get the rail nut thingy off? Mine is too bloody tight. I got the banjo bolt off but couldn't go any further. What spanner did you use?

Just a 19mm ring spanner then another ring spanner over the openend

No worries there.

No worries there.

There is a few.
I'm not sure how but the disc bent like foil after I opened it back up because fuel was flowing out
Now I've opened it all up and put it back the way it is shown from chip it so I'll see how that go's tomorrow fingers crossed.
But the disc was really bent

You are right. The white smoke issue is on cold start so it has nothing to do with DPF Post Burn Injection Regen Cycle.

Some people just haven't done the hard yards yet and are advising incorrectly.

Robert

Can you please clarify?

(As you know) the removal of the factory cat and removal of the DPF can (and does in most cases) lead to white smoke caused by a post burn injection. As I understand it, it is white because there is not enough heat to combust the diesel thus turning it black??

Gus

Robert

Can you please clarify?

(As you know) the removal of the factory cat and removal of the DPF can (and does in most cases) lead to white smoke caused by a post burn injection. As I understand it, it is white because there is not enough heat to combust the diesel thus turning it black??

Gus

White smoke on a diesel is unburnt fuel. This could be a result of lack of heat, or just the cold start/warming up cycle ... a function of Factory ECU.

The Cat does not heat up by itself ... it is passive. I think the 02 sensor post cat just doesn't get the correct reading and the factory ECU wants to throw in more diesel to achieve a hotter temp.

My assumption is based on the fact that when the sensor stuffs up the same result occurs even when the factory cat IS installed.

The lack of heat could be right.

We have tried all the tricks we know of to stop the white smoke but never had 100% success. The old tricks that worked on Mitsubishi Evos etc (taking sensor out of the stream or creating a heat shield) simply is not working.

And at the end of the day the gains that the aftermarket dump and hi flow cat provided was marginal. So bugger it ... leave it alone.

Last edited:
And at the end of the day the gain that the aftermarket dump provided was marginal. So bugger it ... leave it alone.

Yeah I should put mine back in, but after 18 months with it out I have solution to address the white smoke when it arrives. That is drive it a few ks down the freeway and its all good for another few 100kms.

The o2 sensor is there to check sufficient excess o2 is available to perform a dpf burn off.
Obviously if there is not, it will cause alot of black smoke.

The cat converter raises gas temperature roughly 200deg through its substrate, or high enough to light up any unburnt diesel.
But it only works once the cat core temp has exceeded ~300deg c. They melt at around ~850deg also.

Dont want to sound like a broken record, but Ive been telling people since I joined the forum how little gain is to be had from dump pipe upgrades and cat removal.

You can use a cat simulation signal to fool the ecu into not doing burn off though. Judging by chipits upcomming tuning solution, they will have this covered.

Dont want to sound like a broken record, but Ive been telling people since I joined the forum how little gain is to be had from dump pipe upgrades and cat removal.

Thanks Northside but unfortunately your advice came a little for me. Someone had to go first and I removed my dump and cat 18 months ago from my 2008 auto. All in the name of science and good fun! :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back