Comments regarding chip it, chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in a word "fantastic", the best accessory I've ever bought, totally transformed my car, and NO I don't work there or sell them..

i've heard really good reports about them too.

I'd like to eventually have a CHIPIT module fitted to my Navara ... and they are one of our SPONSORS at the upcoming Muster

in a word "fantastic", the best accessory I've ever bought, totally transformed my car, and NO I don't work there or sell them..

What Rich has said but even more emphasis on the word 'fantastic'. Honestly my D40 absolutely flies.

I don't work for Chip It either, but they are wonderful sponsor of the National Navara Muster. So please support them.

G,day gents,

Thanks for the advice! I will purchase one tomorrow.

I am heading up to Cape York 18/6/2011. I am towing a Jayco outback Hawk ( with all the mods) will keep you posted about performance and fuel economy.

Regards,

RLI
:cheers!:

G,day gents,

Thanks for the advice! I will purchase one tomorrow.

I am heading up to Cape York 18/6/2011. I am towing a Jayco outback Hawk ( with all the mods) will keep you posted about performance and fuel economy.

Regards,

RLI

Watch you don't pull the drawbar off......LOL

What do the Chipit chips set you back and do you need anything else modified to get the best out if them?
Exhaust etc?

I'd recommend an exhaust first then the chip. An exhaust alone will give some more power - if that's not enough then get the chip.

PS I am not sure if your D40 is an auto with a DPF but if it is then fit a delete pipe before you do anything else.

I haven't looked into a chip or exhaust but I do a lot of towing so extra Hp is always appealing.
Do Chipit do exhausts systems as well or recommend a certain brand that they match up well with?
Mines a manual mate.
Ballpark figures for both $$$$$. ?
Also I suppose I voids my warranty ?

I don't believe ChipIt do complete exhausts.

My exhaust was done by the local exhaust shop. It cost about a grand.
The chip is around $1400 I think.

G,day,

Navara D40 Chip It, chip cost $899.00 or $1299.00 with their EGT gauge.

Installed by one of Chip It recommended mechanics $100.00

Regards,

RLI

I have just ordered a new chit-it chip with the EGT and the race pipe. I currently have a TDC chip and at first I liked it but after giong into limp mode too many times I have decided to change. I have already got a three inch exhaust and dump pipe. I spoke to Adam at chip it and he said the dump pipe will still be ok with the race pipe. But from what I've been reading this wont work??
I'll let you know how it goes.
Mal

I put the hot tune back in my ChipIt chip this morning so thought I'd post some pics of the simple process.

So here's the chip complete with custom waterproofing...

Chip1.jpg

You simply remove the waterproof connector and plug the USB adaptor lead in...

Chip2.jpg

Next fire up the ChipIt MacroTune software that is in the same folder as the specific tune you want to install...

Chip6.jpg

The GUI looks like this...

Chip3.jpg

There is some fiddling around with the comm port driver that is explained in ChipIt's installation instructions, but next you need to select the correct Comm Port (for me its 9)...

Chip4.jpg

Then you can read the chip (the serial number is then displayed) and write a new/different tune to it as well. Simply click on the desired tune and hit Write...

Chip5.jpg

Then Exit from the GUI, disconnect the lead and give it a run to feel the improvement!

BH

I got a chip it fitted a couple of weeks ago, along with egr blockoff, DPF delete pipe, and something to do with the fuel rail(?).

Got it dyno'd and had 2 custom tunes done - one for mix of power & economy, the other for outright power. Initially 82rwkw (343nm). Custom tune 1 about 103rwkw (421nm), and custom 2 was 126rwkw (502nm). Bloody good!

The car is a 2010 ST auto. I've done 22k kms and in that time fuel use has hovered around 13.2-14.2 l/100kms. Only done one tank with custome tune 1 (mix country/city) and came in at 12.6 l/100km. So slight improvement but nothing amazing..

Power is good though, i find it really noticeable even on part throttle. Glad I did it but from a purely cost perspective (about $1450) will take a while to pay me back.

Just hope nothing goes wrong and the whole warranty thing doesnt raise it's head......

Davonavara

ChipIt replaced the banjo bolt from the end of the fuel rail. This needed to stop the ECU tripping into limp mode over fuel pressure variations when you run a wild tune setting.

You'll have no problems directly related to the chip. But just keep an eye on EGTs. D40's run hot EGTs from the factory and adding a chip can increase temps. Consider fitting an EGT gauge and free flow exhaust after the factory dump pipe.

Latest posts

Back