compression tester adaptor for zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicszd30

Reaction score
Howdy, thought someone might like this idea- made a compression tester adaptor out of an old glow plug and a sparkplug reducer 14mm to 18mm fitting. A little "tig'n" and wolaaaa
you still have to remove half ya motor to do a compression test on these things though...

Attachments

• 20150804_174613.jpg
    20150804_174613.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 20150804_174630.jpg
    20150804_174630.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 245
Good job!
What do you else do you need to remove to test it?
is it the intake stuff on the top to get the the gauge in, or fan/radiator crap to turn it over by hand?

Howdy Robb0, yup you have to remove the pre manifold section to get to no 3 pot. grr the other thing is I believe I now need to buy a "diesel" compression tester as the one I have for bikes and petrol motors wont go high enough in the psi.. Micck Zara (hot rod builder) from Droiun Steel who helped me with the lower cross members for the front diff said "you would have exploded the gauge I have if I had of used it " -woops! Forgot diesel have huge compression readings.. ahhh my navara life- never boring that's for sure!
I am not sure on how you do the test on a diesel yet- not sure if you remove all plugs to all cylinders and then test one cylinder at a time with no restriction from the other cylinders ??? I'm trying to work out why mines gulping fuel- 450 to 500k's a tank ! cheers vic
oh I have 3 other glow plugs gutted and cut ready for the spark plug reducer @ $17 each lol you could find them cheaper I guess but I was in a rush so ordered off ebay.. if anyone wants one for their toolbox let me know :)

Latest posts

Back