Confirmation on uca's and lift kitcomponents

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timcyn7

Reaction score
Afternoon,

I didnt really want to start a thread and ask about it but here goes....

I just ordered a tough dog 2'' lift kit, all good there.
I have been reading for the last 4 hours on these uca's.
Are THESE the same as the ones from Calmini?
And is THIS the same as the above but with the added brake lines, idler arm brace etc?

Is it highly recommended to get after market uca's or just handy to have?

I know theres heaps on this but i just wasnt sure if they are all the same and if they are required?

yes to all of the control arms, they are all the same, you can also get totally different ones by PRG and superior engineering.

IMO you wont 100% need them with only a 2" lift and the torsion bars at only 2" above stock, the UCA's will come in to their own once you go over that height.

Im not saying there is no benefit to having them with a small lift, its just not as important.

I have recently ( 2 days ago ) put the superior engineering UCA's on my D22. Instantly noticed the difference. I have only lifted the front far enough to level with the 3" extended shackles in the rear. I my have also needed new ball joints but I have had smoother ride to work since only changing them. I also still need to do a wheel balance which I'm waiting till I put my new bars in. They are piss easy to install. On a couple of long sweeping banked bends on my home from work I have felt like my front tyre has been floating and not touching the road surface as it should. Once I installed them it feels better driving round those bends. So all i can say is I have noticed a difference with the down travel on road. Yet to try off road.

I have them and have tested them on fairly heavy stuff, heavy enough to bend other components and can't complain, I think they are a good setup especially all bushes being greasable. Good luck with them and to be honest if have nonissue in buying another set for my next D22.

Latest posts

Back