Converting D22 from TorsionBar to D40 strut.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarts

Reaction score
As the title states... can it be done? Has anyone done it? Wouldnt mind the added comfort and not so harsh ride on dirt and unsealed roads as my car hits corrugations and potholes at 70kph + and feels like the front end is going to fall out. All advice appreciated. Cheers

you would do better replacing ya stock shit suspension 1st man that would be simpler and less frigging around but if you are keen anythings possible lol:rofl2:

a basic efs or ironman will crap all over the stock setup and give another 40mm lift you may want to check ya body mounts 2010-2013 were nearly all faulty the rubber perishes and you end up with metal on metal and a constant thump like a hammer banging on the body

Dont want a solid axle swap. I dont do hardcore 4wding anymore. Just wanted to make it handle like a d40 on the road

sell the D22 and buy a d40 = cheaper, quicker and much better resale value than a hybrid that might still handle like crap.

Better off buying some 6 - 8" coilovers, bolting them to the LCA and welding some shock hoops in. The length of the lower and upper arms and cv's is your biggest limiting factor for travel. Not 100% sure if there is room for 2" coilovers but it would be a cheaper option compared to the chaos fab kit or going SAS

Just backing up what dilmah is saying, here is a thread form the USA I believe on mounting shock hoops to the top of you UCA mounts and a strengthing the LCA for a bottom mount http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18220

You would probs have to ditch your stock UCAs and get some thin chromoly tube ones like superior engineering make so there is enough room for the coil over. This would also increase your down travel to the limit you would want to push your cvs anwyay.

This would be awesome to try but not sure how you would go with legalities of getting it certified, does not look over comoplicated though, not a heap of welding even if you were going to pay a fab shop to do it. Are coil overs that much better than torsion bar, like for handling on/offroad and comfort?

Last edited:
Last edited:
You can forget about the total Chaos kit.All my friends that have the kit in the US on d22s. Parts shot in 6months. When I called the company they said it may last two years.

RCV will be able to make you some wicked cv's that will be both stronger and have a larger workable angle of movement before they bind up but you will be paying for it, e.g. $2000+. Coilovers are not that expensive ($400ea from the states) 2.0 6" - 8" fox or kings will be fine with some 400lbs springs. My weld on shock hoops were $300 landed to my door. In terms of ride quality remote res coilovers are the ducks nuts (unless you run bypasses). I've sat in 4wd's with every type of suspension and can safely say they are the best

Back