Coolant change info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma

Reaction score
Hi all new to the site have just bought myself a 2005 D22 TD Navara.

Loving it so far it's kitted up with a bulbar, spotties, cb and a canopy.

I would like to do a quick service on it before I take it away for the holidays. At this stage I have done the oil and filter but I opened the radiator in the mean time and it looks like it needed some coolant.

I would prefer to do a full change as I don't know what the previous owner had in here.

I have had a bit of a look through the site without any luck. Does anyone have some tips or a guide how to do it? I have done other cars before but I have found that usually there is always one trick or too for each specific model.

Any help would be great

Cheers
Scott

Search for the service manual on here - lots of good info. I've never been bothered changing my own coolant as it don't cost much to get done.

...and welcome aboard the good ship Navara Forum.

Last edited:
I don't know about any particular tricks but the one thing I would do is pay the extra and get the Nissan Coolant. Unless things have changed in the last 18 months when I last looked at things company's like Fuchs etc all claimed they could not replicate Nissan coolant. They did of course suggest they had a product which should be ok but there was something in the Nissan shit they couldn't work out.

Maybe things have changed I haven't needed to look but I paid about $40-50 for a bottle of coolant from Nissan and considering Nissan claim it's good for 80K it's not really a huge expense just incase.

I'm not sure if the ESM (electronic service manual) will have radiator flushing in it, I would assume it would have try downloading it from the D22 section apparently the link works.

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I found the service manual although it doesn't have much info in it. I bought a nulon flush so ill run that through and then just blast it out with some water and refill.

I assume these motors are pretty tough. Some cars I have owned in the past have been very picky with air bubbles if it got one in the system it could cause the engine to overheat really easy.

Ill give it a crack. Is there a drain point on the block that you know of? I know there is a plug on the radiator couldn't seem to notice anything on the engine block.

In the maintenance section of the d22 service manual there should be a very thorough guide on changing the coolant. I recall reading it a while back because that's definitely on the cards for my truck after new years.

In the maintenance section of the d22 service manual there should be a very thorough guide on changing the coolant. I recall reading it a while back because that's definitely on the cards for my truck after new years.

Excellent! Found it. Was looking in the wrong section.

Changed it this arvo seemed pretty straight forward used a flush in case I didn't get it all.

All seems well so far thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back