CRAIG's D22 Hunting rig/tourer/4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heading out the back of townsville,only be about 3-400km just for a day run but should pick up a few deer maybe a pig or two if we go to both our spots.
hows your fishing going?havent been fishin for a while now gotta go get some crabs soon i think

My mate the dumb ass just threw a WD40 can in the fire.....this is going to be bad lol

haha bad idea!my missus threw a empty bushmans can in the fire last time we were camping,when i said wtf did you do that she said its empty it wont blow up.worst part....she was sober lol

so after a terrible run last week only getting 1 doe im going out again in a few hrs to hopefully get a few good bucks .also see how my new bipod goes,hopefully its worth the 145.
attachment.php

getting my rooftop tent tommorow hopefully,will post pics of it mounted on my tray tommorow arvo or wed.cant wait to test it out

haha nice.with the annex does yours pack into it or do you have to store/carry it seperate?i got mine of some bloke on ebay there the ARB ones just not stamped i think,made in South Africa.i cant wait for it to arrive,will make travelling back home heaps better after a long days driveing,rather than a swag
plus if i get in shit of the missus no more couch for me hahaha

Haha yeah its good guns!
They are all the same but just the quality of the canvas and stitching is what changes.
Nah the annex and the lower pvc floor are two seperate peices that zip together and yes they fold up and go inside.
Mine easily fits together with them in there and i dont even have blankets and pillows in there yet.

Shitt its been a while, The trip down from townsville to nowra went well. Got some good boars on the way down and the rooftop tent was a awsome bit of kit to have.The Nav didnt miss a beat,cant wait to hit the road with her again.
Buying a house and starting a buisness this year so the mods will have to slow down though i only have exhaust and front lokka to go then shes pretty much done in regards to big mods.
Anyway if anyone is keen for a fish fourby or hunt and is in NSW let me know,im going crazy down here,makes me relize how good i had it up north haha

So the last few months have been interesting, Have started my business down here in the shoalhaven and am starting to settle in and find a few tracks.ive spent a lot of this year either sick or flat out trying to organise stuff and haven't had much time to work on the Nav so it's a bit rough ATM but that's all about to get sorted.
On the agenda first was a straight through 3" system-got it custom mandrel bent from oak flats exhaust $750,excellent price and only thing that I wasn't happy with was the welding but for 750 can't complain as long as it works.
Next I got a brand new Lokka of gumtree for $400-the guy changed his mind and didn't want to use his d22 as a 4x4 anymore.Hopefully this limits blowing drag links,tie rods etc.still have to install it though when I get time.
Today I got the door trim from a vic wrecker and a new left flare and couple other small things.
Snapped a HD tie rod adjuster I got of eBay the other day out at yalwal so got another set today and will still have one stock and one HD spare which is handy as no one stocks them.
Still to come is:Drivers door, rock sliders, replace dog box door and put on gas struts, get my steel tray sand blasted and re painted, figure out how I'm going to do my dual battery,install my catch can and a few other small things.
Getting pretty close to my build being finished so I'm pretty happy with that and so is the misses haha
Plans are to hit up cape York (with you guys if I can in August) then when build is complete I really want to hit the Kimberly
Anyway stay tuned and ill put picks up as I go
Cheers

The other day out at Yalwal-surprised how much flex I have with HD everything through my suspension,still bugger all though haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 123
how did you find yalwal, Pretty decent place?
which tracks did you hit?

broke CV last time i was there

how did you find yalwal, Pretty decent place?
which tracks did you hit?

broke CV last time i was there

Yea was good mate,didn't get to see much as only had the afternoon. Can't remember the name of the track we did but it's the one that has a big drop into a creek at the start or big climb after the creek at the end which ever way you go at it. It's pretty nice out there especially where I use to camp as a kid on the river. Yea when I felt the tie rod go all I could do was hope that the cvs where ok,would off been there for a lot longer if they wernt haha.
I'm local (Cambewarra) to Yalwal so if you ever get in a bind out there give me a call 0431347042. Nothing worse than being stuck with no help

Pretty keen to hit monkey gum out there soon

on stand still at the moment. my wife is due in 5 weeks with our second and we are trying to finish our house so it will stay like that for a while. ill get the slowly.

Latest posts

Back