Creak with sharp turns?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thom

Reaction score
Hey guys, was hoping to get some ideas as to what it might be. But recently I have noticed with sharp cornering and with a bit of acceleration (not full acceleration though) there is a loud creak from the front, I dont know if its coming from the suspension or where... ?

I plan to take it to the mechanic soon to checkout, but thought I would see if any of you have experienced a similar issue or know what it might be?

Check your steering bump stop.
Most likely the plastic cap thingy has fallen off.
A smear of grease will shut it up till you get new cap.

Hard to explain,but ill try

Stick your head in behind the front wheel as if your trying to look at the disk brake.
In that disk area is a small round head thingme that makes contact with I think an adjustable
bolt when the wheel is turned at full lock.
One of these two thingmes is probably.. missing a plastic cap.
Look at both sides as one side maybe ok and you might be able to spot differance.
Might help if someone can turn wheel while you look and you'll see where it touches at full lock.

ooooo MMMMy Gawwwwd!!!!
how many threads are there about this, far out have a search

long story short, it doesnt matter its just what these cars do

Hard to explain,but ill try

Stick your head in behind the front wheel as if your trying to look at the disk brake.
In that disk area is a small round head thingme that makes contact with I think an adjustable
bolt when the wheel is turned at full lock.
One of these two thingmes is probably.. missing a plastic cap.
Look at both sides as one side maybe ok and you might be able to spot differance.
Might help if someone can turn wheel while you look and you'll see where it touches at full lock.

really appreciate the help mate! Glad to know its nothing too serious, ill give it a look tomorrow!

^^ what strayarc said, look for a bolt head and a concave surface that ar shiny from rubbing against each other, in front and behind both front wheels, and smear a gob of grease on there. Wil shut it right up.

Sounds like a problem I have, when I hit the brakes or accelerate or corner heavily took me ages but I discovered it was the crossmember underneath the engine. It has 2 bolts either hat to tighten the up quite tight to stop it. Since then I have driven on a tight windy road and it has started again I don't know if there are bushes or something in there that are worn will have to take it off and have look

Latest posts

Back