Creaking Clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldy

Reaction score
G’day People.

I am having some trouble locating a new noise when I release my clutch.

It is a “creaking” noise. It appears to come from the assembly within the cabin. I think it sounds like the torsion spring at the top of the pedal arm itself.

I liberally sprayed this setup with “Lanotech” and it was immediately silenced only to return in the cold of the following morning. It is quieter as the car warms, not related to engine temperature.

I have been looking at a couple of old threads that deal with noises that come from outside the cabin. I don’t think that this is one of those noises, but, I have been wrong before today (or so the CEO says)

Does anyone have wisdom on this subject.

I have an 04 built D22 ZD30 145k km

Goldy

Ha ha ha You tell me and we will both know ! :sarcastic: I have a 2004 D22 and My clutch makes that sound only on wet days ! I have looked into it and it drives me crazy:sad: , because it's not there 90% of the time I forget about it , then it rains and it's back:rant:

Pull the clutch pedal out and clean/re-grease the bushes. About a 2 stubby job, if your flexible enough to bend under the dash!.

pedal noise

Have similar noise from pedal area .And noise comes from pedal return spring where it pivots in pedal .Has a plastic bush from factory Dealer told me it was unavaliable ? (will check on that with diffrent dealer)so made it out of some platic tube worked for a while but it was to soft .So noise is back considering making out of piece of copper tube.
Chris

Thanks Guy's

It is a bit confined in there. I can only get one hand in there.

Chris, It does sound like that spring loading up and releasing.

Any traps when pulling the thing out Leprechaun?

All in all, a very annoying noise.

noise in pedal

yeah not much room and spring is pain to get in and out but if remove spring noise is gone .let us know if you find bush or what you use .just need rubber arms to get up in there good luck
Chris

I thought that might be the case. I am not going to rush into this. I might just turn the music up louder for a bit.

It’s a bit like the lock stops. Another one of the things Nissan gave us to keep us guessing ?!?!

Thanks again, Goldy

if you take the pedal return spring out and grease the ends up with white grease it should stop it (worked for me for a while anyway)
to put the spring back in i ground a notch in a screw driver, used it to push the middle of the spring in its mount after putting both the sides in.

Thanks Pointblank

Thats a handy tip. I'll remember that when I get around to doing it.

I might try to sneak some grease in there without dismantling.

Is there any reason you say "white grease"??

Goldy

Those bush's are known too perish ... mine did and got replaced under warrantee when the clutch return spring broke.

So i had the 'noise' briefly until berwick nissan manged to get the parts in (nissan aust. were out of stock at the time) and the parts were fitted at my next service. No noise now.

Latest posts

Back