Ctek D250s help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnrsnav

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
Heading away in a few days for a 10 day trip up into NSW.
I have been running the ctek with no problems for about 4 mnths now charging an 165aH AGM.
I noticed today its only charging at 12.5v. Measure the batt volts and its sitting at 12.4v. I cant work out why the output of the ctek is so low. Inwas thinking it could be because the ambient temp is a bit wamer now and the temp sensor is backing off charge??
Has anyone had similar issues??
Ash.

i did with my second unit. all i did was re-check all the connections (wriggle and check/re-tighten) and no trouble since. even with high ambient temps it should still be charging well above 12.5. the one under the bonnet has no issues pumping out 13.5 plus even in the middle of summer.

Last edited:
watching this as mine is doing this also... You didn't by chance buy yours online from a place in Bairnsdale in Victoria?? cheers vic

The Ctek will lower the charge rate the more the temp, mine will charge at 12.8 when hot then deliver up to 14.6 when it's cooler. Also if there is no load on the battery it tends to charge at a lower rate. Check the voltage at the unit to be sure, but my guess is that it is fine if correctly wired also assuming your earth is to the cranker - not the chassis that is seperated by rubber pads.

Thanks to all for replying.
I confirmed the problem this morning. As I thought it was just the ctek doing its job. It lowered the output voltage due to temp as happy John mentioned. Went out this morning when the temp had gone down, cranked up the car and I was getting just over 14v charging my aux batt. Happy days and Merry Christmas.

Good to hear mate!, a tip if you are stopped for a few day's and drawing power idle early in the morning and again before bed. The Ctek should charge to full voltage.

Latest posts

Back