Cutting back wall behind seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forro

Reaction score
Can any one tell me weather the back wall in a 2011 rx Thai built navara is a structual wall or not I wanna cut it to put subs in there as there is no other option unless I use under seat subs and screw them to back wall but don't like them any options would be much appreciated

I cut a hole under my back seat in the d22. 10" sub btw.
There's a pic of it somewhere on here, search for 'rear seat underneath' or something like that I cbf doing it ;-)
I think anything with creases in the sheeting is structural but how much it affects it i dont know. The frame of good subs is usually fairly ridged so if you mount the subs well then that should help...

Ill have a look at your d22 pics thanks mate but my fuel tank is there and I wanna run two p3 Rockford 12" and I would mount them by cutting two 12" by 12" square holes with boxes made to fit perfectly in there and have some sheet metal folded up to go around that box aswell then I have a pop rivet type thread maker that can than be drilled besides box and bolted tightly to wall and if I have to cut through to the tub I will then il be making room for second battery two motor bike front wheel cut outs and a storage part to from inside the tub it will look like a tool box

I had a mate do this in a VR ute a few years back, came up reaaly good, but the cab goes straight into the tray with the commodore so I'll be interested to see how yours turns out with clearing or cutting into the tub

Yeah, I think you may have problems there, just because if you look at the tub compared to the cab when off road or eve just going over bumps or through a sharp gutter you will notice that there is a bit of movement between the 2, this could cause stress fractures if you try to join them.

Equipt good bloody point didn't think of that lol well the only way around that is a bigger hole in the tub for move ment but that wouldn't worry me that can be hidden easily

And I really need find out if I can go ahead with this first before I get to excited as in if its legal

I would say you may have to talk to an engineer and get there opinion on it, I am sure you will be able to do it, just depends on weather it needs to be re-enforced and engineered or not.

Not sure how well this would.work but what about mounting the subs in the tub and running a port into the cab? You could have a port the flexes with the cab.

I have also thought about porting holes but don't no what it would sound like I wanna keep most of the noise inside the cab have you done it and if so what it sound like

Yea nah fuk it if I'm gunna cut holes may as well be big ones lol I live in dubbo NSW does any one no of an engineer close to here I can talk to see what I Gota do to get it passed

4th order bandpass enclosures (the one you would have in the tray, with the ports into the cab) work very well if set up right. The catch is that it is a tuned port design, and the port length/diameter has a big effect in the overall sound. The port is probably about as important as the enclosure dimensions. Done right, and with enough power behind it, it will make your dentures fall out, crack your windscreen and ensure every loose panel in the cab falls off., with minimal noise in the tray area. I have been tempted a few times with previous vehicles, but just couldn’t be bothered with the maths. Too many variables and too much work, as you have to have a large flexible port for the flex, and a smaller solid port enclosed within the flexible port. I would only attempt it if the cab was not separate from the tray due to the flex issues.

If I was looking for a second hand ute, Id walk as soon as I seen a whole cut in the back wall, floor etc.

If I was an 18 yr old with cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I saw a ute with a kick-ass speaker set in the back wall, I'd at least take it for a spin and crank it up.

It will sell, but your market will be young, dumb and Cashed-up. There's more of them around than you might think :)

Latest posts

Back