CV Joints after 2" Suspension lift + 2" Spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I finished the install of 2" spacers on top of my 2" tough dog kit. Iv read a lot of info about CV joints being a problem after a 4" lift.

Do these pics look OK? I don't know why but that have rotated 90 degrees.

212iix2.jpg

25stz4i.jpg

Don't seem too bad of an angle my D22 is worse and have had no issues.

If you had a photo of the CVs before you lifted it...and compaired it to the photo you have now.they are basically just inverted now..mine is the same...done 45tho with it like that no problems.

If you had a photo of the CVs before you lifted it...and compaired it to the photo you have now.they are basically just inverted now..mine is the same...done 45tho with it like that no problems.

Hahhaah yeah wish I did take a photo...To be honest it is 4.5" lifted now. i will post a picture of how high it sits when i get home from work.

Camo, I will also post a bit of how I cut away some of my bucket to allow the UCA to drop down when flexing. One of my UCA ball joints had a little rip in the boot. Do you know where to buy or how to fix a tear in a boot?

cheers

also, how much down travel do you have now. are you still using the original uca's

dont know exactly how much down travel I have. is there an easy method to find out?

I have installed SPC UCA's Couldnt fit the spacers in without them.

Hahhaah yeah wish I did take a photo...To be honest it is 4.5" lifted now. i will post a picture of how high it sits when i get home from work.

Camo, I will also post a bit of how I cut away some of my bucket to allow the UCA to drop down when flexing. One of my UCA ball joints had a little rip in the boot. Do you know where to buy or how to fix a tear in a boot?

cheers

Sikaflex the good black tube.

dont know exactly how much down travel I have. is there an easy method to find out?

I have installed SPC UCA's Couldnt fit the spacers in without them.

you could jack the front up and see how much they drop. i was more curious as to how much room you had between the uca and strutt mount, but with after market uca you should be right.

As requested, pics of the current ride height and i also got pics of the cut i made into the bucket to allow my control arms to drop down and not hit.

Front:
IMG_1642.jpg

Rear:
IMG_1643.jpg

Bucket from above:
IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

haha thanks mates...its only 20 months old trying to keep it clean.

Im looking forward to putting 33s on it when this tyres die...

Here is mine probs sits at 15° View attachment 16785

I was fiddling with my nav on the weekend, looking at adding an extra 2" underneath and that is pretty darn close to the angle my CV's got to.

I'm no expert but I don't think that is too dramatic an angle, but what we all need to remember is when we have our wheels turned, the CV will be in a much worse situation than when the wheels are straight.

And how strong are the CVs anyway? Has anyone heard of one busting?

Hey Nav_brah, can you do me a favour and measure how high off the ground your sump is, if you have a guard, just measure from the ground to it, I'm thinking it'll be around 330mm.

Tuff as nav_brah... Last Monday i replaced my 2 inch with adjustable front struts and v6 d40 springs and i lifted it up just over another inch. So just over 3 inches all up from factory and my cv's are sweet just f all down travel. Small speed humps and small sharp bumps are the worst

Latest posts

Back