CV Joints after 2" Suspension lift + 2" Spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was fiddling with my nav on the weekend, looking at adding an extra 2" underneath and that is pretty darn close to the angle my CV's got to.

I'm no expert but I don't think that is too dramatic an angle, but what we all need to remember is when we have our wheels turned, the CV will be in a much worse situation than when the wheels are straight.

And how strong are the CVs anyway? Has anyone heard of one busting?

Hey Nav_brah, can you do me a favour and measure how high off the ground your sump is, if you have a guard, just measure from the ground to it, I'm thinking it'll be around 330mm.

Just went out and measured it. It was 340mm, pretty close.

Tuff as nav_brah... Last Monday i replaced my 2 inch with adjustable front struts and v6 d40 springs and i lifted it up just over another inch. So just over 3 inches all up from factory and my cv's are sweet just f all down travel. Small speed humps and small sharp bumps are the worst

yeah that drove me insane!!! you need to get some aftermarket UCA's.

Hi all new on this site, just got D40 2007.
Did u happen to do anything on the rear as well like extended shackles or just the extra spacers in the front? I'm about to do a 2" lift on my D40 with a 25mm spacer on the front & an extended shackle on the back but they tell me the strut that comes with the 2" Tough Dog kit might not be long enough! Any thoughts guys!

Correct.most d40 shocks are not long enough to accomodate a 3-4 lift with decent flex abilitys

This is true but I feel as if I still get a decent amount of flex from my tough dog kit + 2" spacer. I will try get a pic of front flex if i get a chance this weekend

Nav brah , great height was looking at fitting some spacers myself to get a little bit more lift . And you had to fit new upper control arms to make them fit , gee any other advice or info.
Greg

How does it dive bud? I'm thinking of doing this to mine but iv been told by a few shops that they drive like poo and shit to get a wheel alignment.
What spacer did you use? I'm currently running 35mm spacer only. With extended shackles.

Nav brah , great height was looking at fitting some spacers myself to get a little bit more lift . And you had to fit new upper control arms to make them fit , gee any other advice or info.
Greg

Advice is to be prepared for a bit day and have a wheel alignment locked it. You will 100% need new UCA's. And u may want to look into extending the break lines. I haven't done mine yet, it seems OK but it will be done in the future.

How does it dive bud? I'm thinking of doing this to mine but iv been told by a few shops that they drive like poo and shit to get a wheel alignment.
What spacer did you use? I'm currently running 35mm spacer only. With extended shackles.

It drives exactly like it did before the lift. Super smooth and comfy. the tough dog suspension is so nice. As soon as you change your suspension you will be asking yourself why it took so long to do it.

It drives exactly like it did before the lift. Super smooth and comfy. the tough dog suspension is so nice. As soon as you change your suspension you will be asking yourself why it took so long to do it.

I second this. I just had my suspension swapped with tough dog 2" kit and it is such a better ride now.

Just one thing which a bloke from Caloffroad alerted myself to, is the tie rod angle at fall extension. It's prob's the weakest link in reliability issues up front. Considering making up some form of downward travel bumpstop, and for $70 off eBay, purchased a pair to live in the spears box

Latest posts

Back