Cv shafts snapping with a lokka

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insanenavara

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a d22 and recently fitted an auto lokka the only problem I have is today when I was out wheeling I snapped both my cv shafts clean now these cvs were brand new fitted with the lokka 4 weeks ago anyone else had this problem and is there an easy solution without removing the lokka

I'd be looking at your driving style. I've had a Lokka in my ute for over a year and I do some pretty extreme stuff and never had a problem. You need to be slow and steady when driving with a Lokka

You snapped both CVs at the same time? What brand CVs did you buy? Maybe they were the problem? I have just done the same as you - installer lokka and new CVs. I've done one day out testing, no worries so far.

Without removing the diff you gotta remove the torsion bars and drop away the lower control arm. I've heard of guys removing the upper control arm - this could affect your wheel alignment. If doing the torsion bar method - measure the height of your Nav so you can return it to normal, avoiding a different height and requiring an alignment. Loosening off the torsion bars and then doing them back up was pretty quick using the rattle gun.

But yeh, check your driving style. Slow and steady wins. Did you keep your old CVs? Regrease and shove them back in.

I know how to change the cvs I mean stop snapping them I did them separately one at the start of the day one at the end and when I did them I wasn't driving hard or doing anything extreme I wonder if its a bad bunch of cvs cause both have snapped the shaft just behind the spline in the hub

I say look at driving style as well. Slow and steady. Not giving it the berries and bouncing the front end around.

Your 2nd one was bound to snap if you kept 4x4ing after the 1st one went as all of the front drive was constantly going to that one side. It sounds as though you may have got a dodgy batch though as snapping the shaft with just easy driving would be very unusual.

What size rubber do you have? Were you turning full lock on harder ground? calcal had same issue i think with 33's

or have u lifted the front pritty high? cvs might have been binding

or have u lifted the front pritty high? cvs might have been binding

^^^ Yes. CV's are at their strongest when flat and straight. Did they break when you were on full lock up against a rock or similar. Try and remember what you were doing when they snapped and that may help you work out why they snapped.

And, if you do bust a CV, don't use 4WD again until it's replaced.

I replaced the first cv on the track when it blew then the second one went about 3 hours later I'm only running 245/75/16 and a 2"suspension with 2"body both snapped I'm the exact same spot so I'm thinking its a bad batch I might look for some chrome ole ones does anyone know where I might find some?

Latest posts

Back