D 40 timing chain issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shillo87

Reaction score
Hi guys!!! i have a 2010 st auto. love the ute!!
although I'm curious about the rattle that i get once i start the ute in the morning..i have done some research and appears to be a timing chain problem.
if so i was curious as to what damage i may be doing or getting myself into by now fixing this issue asap?
also a rough cost to fix this timing chain issue through a mechanic? i know this will vary but just a rough idea would be appreciated

cheers guys
love the page!

If it's timing chain rattle it will occur from cold start-up until the tensioner is pushed all the way out to take up the slack... It can be plainly heard at the front of the engine.

Cost to replace - budget $3,000 installed - a little more if you go double row.. YD25.COM for Double.. Engines Australia do a brilliant single row pack - and now double row too I believe.

If it breaks, kiss goodbye your engine if it's doing anything more than idle...

im sure paul from yd25 told me it was 2900 fitted for his double row. but that really only helps if ur coming to brisbane

Yd25.com kit cost me $1600 and about another $1000 to have it fitted best thing I ever did. If you have a start up rattle its a fair bet that its a chain or rather a tensioner which will cause a chain failure, if that happens as above posts kiss your engine good by along with about $8000 to replace it. Get it to a mechanic asap and leave it there until its fixed would be my suggestion.

Thanks guys!! appreciate it.
my ute has been making that rattling on cold start for a while now..i only just realised it was a problem .Are there any other associated problems with changing the timing chain that the mechanic might run into

Latest posts

Back