D21 4X4 project

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowdy

Reaction score
hey guys i have had this 88 navara td27 4X4 DX aircon, pwr steer aftermarket headers and exhaust, aluminium tray rear and front bull bar sitting in the back yard for about 2 years now, we got it for 600 bucks from an auction site, pretty good deal for what is it and then we looked further. it was registered for farm use when we got it but i want to get it road worthy, it has holes rusted through in the floor and onto some of the body mounts, and some spots on the chassis. i have done little by little over the 2 year just about a week ago i have gotten back into it, we bought a new radiator for it and all the oils, i can post photos tomorrow but i have all the interior out of it just the aircon and heater box with the steering column. i want to turbo it but i dont know if its worth it i think it would be. i have to replace the drag link because it is completely stuffed. and the fan belts pretty much a major service but fixing the rust is the issue any suggestions, i saw dion lifted the body off i was wondering weather that would be worth it or not.

thanks Zac.

Last edited:
Gday, and welcome to the forum.
Yeah Dion is the D21 Guru, i would send him a PM, he will give you the down low on all D21 info

fixing the rust is the issue any suggestions, i saw dion lifted the body off i was wondering weather that would be worth it or not.

Lifting the body off to fix the rust? Depends if having the body lifted off will help you to fix the rust. With an engine crane (or even better a two post hoist) it is fairly easy to lift the body off, but it is still an involved process so if you can avoid it, avoid it.

Latest posts

Back