D21 and new to 4wdriving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman1234

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and also new to 4wdriving. I recently bought a D21 dual cab 4x4 to take the wife and kids on some adventures. The D21 is an old 95 model fairly standard.
one thing I have noticed that when the vehicle is under load for example traveling up a long hill the temp gauge goes up to about 3/4 but once over the hill drops back down, a mechanic friend said this is normal but I dont think it is as I dont believe it would have done this when it left the factory.
Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks matt :big_smile:

Welcome along mate. My old 86 D21 doesn't skip a beat. Took three adults, two kids and a dog, fully loaded tray and roof cage up the range to Atherton last year no worries other than being a bit slow. Maybe post the question in the D21 forum, with which engine you got, and we'll see what we can do.

Another guy had the same problem just recently. He discovered it was a combination of his air con condensor being blocked, and the bullbar obscuring a lot of the radiator.

Back