D21 Build Log

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZOMG, just found this:

Perma Cool - Single Oil Filter Relocation Kit (Universal) - Engine - Oil Coolers - Cooling - streettuned.com.au - Australian owned, supplying automotive performance parts worldwide

I WANT ONE.

Anybody who services/has serviced a TD or QD engine will know that changing the oil filter on these engines is THE fastest and most effective way to:
A) Get cancer,
B) Cover your front diff, front left brake disc, body panels, chassis rail and driveway with diesel oil a magical shade darker than black,
C) Crack the shits big time.

I have to have one of these.

Hey Dion have started work on installing the QD32 yet ?

I got the H233B rear diff out of Tim's Nav, gonna get it rebuilt with a 4.375 centre and pinion for extra strength.

I like over kill.

Dave.

Hey Dion have started work on installing the QD32 yet ?

I got the H233B rear diff out of Tim's Nav, gonna get it rebuilt with a 4.375 centre and pinion for extra strength.

I like over kill.

Sounds pretty hardcore, I like how beefy the H233b is compared to the C200.

Engineer inspected the whole project on Wednesday, he gave me the big green light for the chassis changes for the five link rear, the engine swap has been a harder deal trying to meet the EPA requirements. I might be forking out for an emissions test. The turbo buggers everything up but I really want it to be 100% legal.

I'm working out of a rented workshop now so it's less convenient to get photos if I forget the camera, but I've been meaning to post some up. I've started prepping some brackets for the chassis splice, but I'm working seven days a week over the winter break so that's crazy. I'll update soon.

I've had enough of the angle grinder so it's update time.

Firstly a few new pieces that I've collected -

BuildLog009_018_Medium_.jpg

A tired looking 75 Series airbox for my external mount airbox and snorkel.

BuildLog009_016_Medium_.jpg

BuildLog009_017_Medium_.jpg

A fresh Pathfinder frontclip in A1 rust-free condition, waiting for warmer weather for painting.

BuildLog009_002_Medium_.jpg

And a QD32 motor and gearbox. The plan for the final configuration is a standard QD32 mechanical injection pump dyno tuned, TD27T factory water-cooled turbocharger and Nissan-Calsonic water-air intercooler, out a 3" stainless steel exhaust (vertical stack) with optional test pipe. That is providing I can slide all that past an ADR 30 emissions test.

BuildLog009_004_Medium_.jpg

Another shot of my "coil five-link kit".

BuildLog009_005_Medium_.jpg

Some proper 4x4 body mount brackets so I can lose the body lift blocks. I finished preparing these tonight, hence being tired of the angle grinder.

BuildLog009_001_Medium_.jpg

A quick shot of the (unprepared) rail seam where I will be centering the chassis join. It's roughly under the back door, so the body will be coming off again I suppose.

Tried a test-fit of the turbo-charger:
BuildLog009_009_Medium_.jpg

Before.

BuildLog009_010_Medium_.jpg

After.

BuildLog009_012_Medium_.jpg

Almost looks like it belongs. Half the manifold studs are too short though.

That sounds like a great plan mate, should be a little beast when you are done!

Thanks mate.

Minor update, prepared a bit of a comparison for the engineer to justify keeping my GVM, in case anybody else finds it useful, it's attached in three parts.

Attachments

• PART1 H233b COMPARISON.pdf
    201.9 KB · Views: 238
  • PART2 H233b COMPARISON.pdf
    180.1 KB · Views: 268
  • PART3 H233b COMPARISON.pdf
    151.3 KB · Views: 245
Just a tiny bit of progress since I had some spare time after work today.

Stripped back the chassis rails for grinding/aligning/welding etc.

BuildLog011_007_Medium_.jpg

BuildLog011_008_Medium_.jpg

Hi Dion. Im guessing your in Vic. I need a drivers door complete with hinges, Do you have a spare. Would also like to get hold of a z24 suit rebuild so i can keep mine on the road while doing up a motor. Im guessing you may have one !!! PM me please...

Mat

Back