D21 KA24DE - Dion's Other Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cheers Dion.

Pinelli did you end up wiring the oxygen sensor in ?

Dave.

Hmm, getting there. Got the wiring done, engine bay to ecu, and power as well. All it needs now is to tap the exhaust pipe. And find the time. I'll probably get to it at Christmas time, and would love to do it just to see if it makes a difference.

Unfortunately though, now have a gearbox on the way out, and the cost between a four cylinder petrol gearbox and a pathy shell with V6, gearbox, loom etc is bugger all, so the V6 is tempting me. Have also recently bought a 2000 Discovery as daily drive, so the old Ute is sitting there waiting for some TLC and a purpose.

I will of course post with results once they exist.

Just posted a few pics to the gallery. Guess I could do a members ride thread. I'll put it on my list.
Got the exhaust pipe tapped today - got bored last night and took it out of the engine bay, bastard of a thing. Hope it goes back in again :)

DOn't forget that the KA24E sump I uploaded was from a 2WD ute, not 4WD.

My KA24DE sump is also 4x2 (there is no 4x4 KA24DE), and the flange pattern is totally different. I guess that makes the KA24DE swap slightly more valid than I previously thought

This post will disappoint Dave especially.

I'm abandoning this project and selling it - currently as a package, but as components if it doesn't sell for the price I want complete.

Not because it's too hard, or too expensive, all the money is already spent, but because I don't have it in me to put all this effort into a car I'm not going to be keeping.

The reality is that working on this vehicle distracts me from my real vehicular interest, my diesel Navara (the 5-link, the turbo, and other projects), and also puts pressure on uni, work and my partner, plus I'm moving to a rental house I have lined up in Preston. Something has to give and it's this. I'm wearing a big $$$ loss but it's just not what I want to do.

It's currently for sale on eBay.

That's a shame Dion, but probably a sanity saver. I've got two projects on the go at the moment and it just takes up space. I'd be stuffed if I had to move house at the moment. Fortunately the missus is very happy here, just not with the shed :)

Apparently NZ got a 4WD KA24DE so a prospective buyer might get also get a sump there, although it sounds like the Z sump will work fine.

Best of luck with the sale, move etc.

:sad:

Oh well, mate you did well to get as far as you did. I dont know how you found the time with 1 project let alone 2.

Good luck with the sale.

Oh well I still have the QD32T thread to read.

Dave.

Hey Dion you aren't trying to sell this back to the bloke you brought it from are you? I saw an ad in the local rag yesterday for a blue and silver D21, wasn't much info but I thought you might have been hankering for another trip to Sale.

Nah eBay only for me at the moment. Wild horses would drag me back down there in a hurry, it's a long trip down (and up and down and up) Burke Rd with a car trailer and 2t of scrap metal behind the poor suffering D21.

Awe that's a bit harsh Sale's not a bad place.......if you like drugs, alcohol, booze and an IQ that drops equally with the amount of cans the slab has left in it. Mind you I used to live in Reservoir so I also know what Preston is like, good luck with that move :ha:

There is a joke about some C*&^ from Preston, but I can't really be bothered typing it all out so you'll just have to take my word for it, you're going to be that person.

Hi guys, newby Pete here. Hope you don't mind if I hijack your post but I have bought Dion's KA off ebay then found this thread researching the conversion. The car is my partners daily driver, '86 Xtra cab 2wd, and the Z24 has kissed the sky. The car is pretty stock, just lowered with SR5 wheels. I can keep you all updated with the conversion and will post some pics when I can find the cable for the camera.
Cheers

There is a joke about some C*&^ from Preston, but I can't really be bothered typing it all out so you'll just have to take my word for it, you're going to be that person.

Lol. I dont even know where Preston is but Krafty's post made me laugh.

Hi guys, newby Pete here. Hope you don't mind if I hijack your post but I have bought Dion's KA off ebay then found this thread researching the conversion. The car is my partners daily driver, '86 Xtra cab 2wd, and the Z24 has kissed the sky. The car is pretty stock, just lowered with SR5 wheels. I can keep you all updated with the conversion and will post some pics when I can find the cable for the camera.
Cheers

Good work.

Keep us updated.

It's good that you found the site Pete, I'll enjoy being able to see where the motor ends up.

Latest posts

Back