D22 2.5D Noise when under load

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to revive an old thread.

I have a vibration which is more of a noise. Sounds very exhausty but can not find any exhaust leak. The vibration causes the air cleaner to make a growling noise which I can make it do out of gear stopped in the driveway or driving under load. It can sound like the old 4cyl engine with a loud exhaust note. but not loud from outside.

If I hold down the air cleaner it stops. I can hardly feel the vibration and definitely not coming through any of the controls.

Did anyone find an answer???

Thanks
Dave

Reviving an old thread again.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem? Nissan thinks that this noise is normal. It didnt start making the noise until my after the last service though so im thinking that they have moved or damaged something when they removed the air filter.

Cheers

My noise/issue ended up being something entirely different. When they fitted the exhaust I'm guessing they removed the cross member under the gearbox and then didn't retighten the nuts enough. When I was pushing up on the transfer case I was getting a lot of movement in the gearbox and sump. Hence the noise when on hillstarts or under load since everything was twisting.

When I checked out the cross member one nut was missing and the other one was only finger tight. Ended up getting another nut and torqued them up and the noise is gone now. Might be worth a look and pushing up on your transfer case and making sure none of the mounts are buggered.

Latest posts

Back