D22 2.5ltr 100k service cost... My misses is worried

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no see.

My misses has a d22 2.5 ltr navara str dual cab and her 100k service is coming up and she is worried about the cost she has had a couple of different prices. Which range from 350 to 1000. What did it cost you guys? And does this motor having a timing belt or chain? Cause the my old zd30 had the chain.
A few of the prices came in at atound $800 $900.

this is f@#$ing confusing i phoned nissan about the same thing because in the book it says to replace timing BELT they told me that the d22 str 2.5 is a chain and that the chain was good for life of car i find that hard to belive but as for cost they quoted $280 because its just a standard service does anyone know about these engins i am woried if it has a belt i would rather replace it befor the old one snaps up a track some where

Without looking in my service book the major services are at every 40thou and thats just changing all oils and checking cv's, i dont recall seeing anything major at 100thou when i went through my book

I've been through this conundrum with my truck as well.

NISSAN in all their infinite wisdom have a single generic handbook for all their vehicles. Makes servicing a bitch. The diesels have a chain, and it don't need replacing at the 100k service.

I'm sure you will find in a number of threads on this forum alone that the 2.5's have a chain, I believe you'll even find a thread on the UK forum on how to replace one.

The book may well refer to a belt but it pays to remember these books are not just written for Nav's they are generic books written for a variety of Nissan cars and most often have little exemptions written in the service part excluding many jobs from some engines.

It always pays to read your service book properly, they can be a little confusing with the way things are worded but in general they are all itemised so you can see which services are major and which are minor and what tasks need doing. Prices will vary of course but atleast knowing which are majors and which are minors with luck you wont get slugged $1000 for a service you know is a minor. I think someone here mentioned that 80K is the major for D22's an 100K is a fairly minor service so the price shouldn't be astronomical.

Have a look on nissan.com.au for the capped price service. If you are ringing nissan places the service should cost no more then this capped price, unless other repairs are needed.

Isn't capped price servicing only available on new cars?

I got some sales garbage from Nissan about 4 months ago and I'm sure it stated that capped priced servicing was not available to anyone just because they had or have purchased a Nissan.

Possibly, unsure. I was told it was what it is for them fullstop??

Mitch

Latest posts

Back