d22 2" spring lift to a 3" Spring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dohboy

Reaction score
Hey ya'll I'm full nOOb to this site but chasing some suspension help and what works for others..

I have a 2012 d22 with a 2" emu spring lift on 33's. I am looking to do 2" body lift in order to give me that extra clearance as I tend to scrub out on some tracks I take.

I'm pretty keen to give some decent rutted out tracks a go and looking for maximum height,flex and long travel out of my suspension.

Atm I am thinking about putting a superior engineering 3" stage 2 lift package in and doing the 2" body as well. Just trying to chase some advice on this and if its something I should be doing.. Money is not a factor and being a d22 I realise I am restricted somewhat to the mods I can do but I just want the truck to perform at its best.

Any help with what works and doesn't/problems etc would be much appreciate.

Cheers
Ryan

I would stick with your 2inch lift and do the body lift. Then I would get the control arms on there own and install them but keep your torsion bars about the same height. That will give you the most movement out of the front end. With the front wound up to about a 3inch lift you will have almost no down travel.

-tyler

Good advice from Tyler. Also a diff lock either front or back is gonna help heaps with the limited travel in the front. (Personally I have a front and love it)
Cheers Brad

As Nevyn Said, add a locker before you add to suspension.
countless test have been done in the 4x4 industry on huge suspension (5-6 inch) vs lockers with basic suspension eg 2 inch, Lockers always win.

Also add: the control arms are a good thing to get more travel both top and bottom, however you still need to think about CV angle, Adding a locker to the front end with the control arms is going to add some serious stress when under full front end flex, in my opinion you don't need the control arms unless your trying to design a 4x4 purpose build nav, if thats the case just go for a solid axle front end.

Last edited:
Cheers guys advice taken on board..

With some discussion about this with a member I've decided to just get a body lift and go from there.

Thanks.

Back