D22 2006 Engine light troubles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcher3

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Members,

I have been reading through the forums and there is some really great stuff. However I can not find the answer to the problem I am having with my D22.

I have a 2006 D22 Navara with the 3.0L diesel engine. It has 165000 k’s on it. On Saturday the engine light came on. It went off, come on, and now it is staying on. I have tried bridging the pins on the diagnostic port, the two end ones with wire connecting them. But I can’t get the engine light to turn off and allow me to access the codes.

The steps I have taken.

With the car at operating temperature,
I have switched the key to the on position, (without starting the car)
I have bridged the pins (I have checked and double checked that the bridging wire is making contact with the pins etc)

The engine light should go off. But it stays on. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

there is a write up someone on here.
you have to connect the wire for a certain length of time then disconnect it.

Thank you for your reply. I have done that. The light should go out when I bridge the pins and then when I disconnect it after two seconds it should start flashing and show the codes. But it's not doing it 😬

Thank you

either got the wrong pins, wire not making contact or timing is a bit out.

i push one end of the wire in one connector so it stayed, flick on the ignition and tap the other connector for a few seconds. light should start flashing.

might be a silly suguestion, have a look at the back of the plug and the wires up in the dash I did see a 2-way wired up to the power on a obd plug before.

So Frustrating

Thanks for all of your replies. I took the ute to Kmart auto. They put their snapon scanner in it and found nothing. It took a long time for the snapon scanner to scan and no faults came up. Is it possible for the ECU to have failed and engine still run fine? I will check the wiring and make sure there is nothing wired to the wires.

unless you tap the pins to much which will delete the stored codes.

it should still give a code, 0505 which means no codes stored.
just be careful a lot of readers won't read nissan consult system. no codes may mean not reader not working.

the other thing is to check fuel filter. i think the water sensor can trigger engine light but have no codes.

Latest posts

Back