D22 6 seater

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtjockey

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a bench seat to the front of a D22 to turn it into 6 seater? I understand legalities, would need to be engineered, insurance, blue plates, not ideal seating etc.

My wife wants a 7 seater, I might be able to convince her of 6 seats and this seems to be the best option as I really don't want to part with my D22 but it's the car that would need to go (and I'm not interested in patrols, pathfinder, landcruiser, discovery etc etc)

So just seeing if anyone has done this.

fit a canopy on the tub and a 3 seater seat plus 3 x seatbelts and off you go. then you wife will be happier having 8 seats = 6 kids .

I would have said that your best bet for getting it past an engineer was to demonstrate that the floorpan and dashboard are identical to the ones in a bench-seated single cab variant D22 for crashworthiness, but I think you'll then run into issues with the fact that no compliancing has been done for rear occupant crashworthiness with the front bench seat, ie. the interaction between the rear seat passengers and the back of the front bench seat in a frontal collision for instance.

The attitude to safety is different between a NA-class vehicle (primarily goods-carrying) and a MC-class vehicle (off-road passenger vehicles up to 9 seats), and you are proposing shifting your NA vehicle closer to MC classification.

The bolt holes are already there , i removed my bench seat and installed buckets out of a D22 dual cab now my rego says its a two seater its just the centre seat belt has to be bolted

Latest posts

Back