D22 aluminium drawer system guide

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see this finished. I made mine sort of same but with welded steel and only one draw and a fridge slide. Weighs a tone but it make it ride nice.

Cheers

so far its set me back arround $550 with the drawer slides bought and the frame built ect and two $30 handles aswell

That aluminium tube is very strong, good choice for a drawer system. We used it recently to make some double bunk frames in the caravan, some thick plywood as a base and it doesn't move a millimeter.

Can't wait to see these finished.

sorry for the slight bit of inactivity, work has been chockas and ive found it hard to make time to work on the project, its been getting there slowly all thats left is to get hold of the ply already cut how ill need it, carpet that and fix it to the frame.
To save space in the drawers but keep it strong i opted for aluminium sheeting for the sides of the actual drawers and just pop riveted it into the tubing as ply would just leave less room inside the drawer, there will be a sheet at the rear of the drawers too once the marine ply base has been fixed inside.
believe it or not the whole thing is still quite light and if it wasn't so awkward to lift i would still be able to shift it around on my own. anyways here are some progress photos...

Hey mate,

Drawers look sick. Thinking of doing some similar. Just wondering what height you ended up doing yours? (if you can remember)

Cheers.
Adam.

Hey mate,

Drawers look sick. Thinking of doing some similar. Just wondering what height you ended up doing yours? (if you can remember)

Cheers.
Adam.

hi mate, the height was something like 330mm high if i remember correctly, but the top of the frame rested nicely on the little ridge on the wheel well

the framework cost me almost $300
and today i went and bought 2 sets of drawer slides from i.r.s rated at 125kg and opted for the locking type, i also bought two spring loaded handles that will sit flush unless pulled on.
the slides were $97 a pair, not sure why because they were priced at 110 online, and the handles were $30 each, i know its not too cheap but your paying for quality and will still save a bucketload as opposed to buying the drawer system from a brand, pics to come...

Hey Trent,

Thanks so much for the inspiration on this mate, I've started putting a set very similar to yours (without jerry can holders at front, but battery compartments instead) which would have been extremely difficult for me without photos from you.

Quick question about the drawer slides from IRS. The depth of the drawers is roughly 1250mm but the longest slide rated at 125kg is 1000mm. Did you just go with that one and mount it towards the front (I guess this means the draw doesn't open the last 250mm?)? Can pick them up for $107 a pair but if I want the full 1250mm (actually closest draw length is 1219mm) have to go to the 227kg ones which are $237 per pair. Which seems way too much...

Thanks again,

Scott

So, I just went ahead and bought the 1000mm drawer slides from IRS as I'm sure they'll do the trick.

However my next stumbling block....

How on earth did you get the drawers into the ute in one piece? Granted tetris isn't my strong point but for the life of me I can't work out how you can have those wings covering the wheel arch for the ply to sit on and maneuvre the entire things into the back of the tub, it just seems too wide.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Back