D22 and d40 inquiry

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkev

Reaction score
Hey I have a turbo yd25 d22 Navara just wondering what's the difference performance wise compared to the d40 yd25 because its the same motor but they come factory with more power is there any way of getting the d22 the same as the d40

The current ST has a different Head, turbo, Exhaust, ECU, Air Box, ect.
The main difference is the head, turbo and ecu.
A decent chip and exhaust will make a massive difference with out changing the big $$ items like the Turbo or the Head.

Awesome cheers dude nah it's just my brother in law has a d40 and I was just wondering his would be quicker as its the same engine we both have 09's his is a stx and mine is a str so top of both rangers in the d22 and d40

what nathan said, had a dealer try to tell me it was the same engine in both, myabe if you count the block, aside from that very very different, one plus is the YD25 in the D22 doesn't make enough power to hurt itself ever haha.

It's funny how dealers, mechanics, auto stores have both yd25 motors as identical. Plenty of times I've had to explain they are different. Maybe not little things like injectors fuel rail etc are the sane. Was reading the 4 wd monthly magazine about the d22 and the yd25 and they reported that finally the d22 had been matched with the perfect engine. Maybe it has. Only time will tell when the yd25 starts hitting the 300000km mark that some of the zd30 have hit.

But they are very different. In saying that I have always been running in the back of my mind about buying a single cab d22 and putting s 140kw version d40 motor into it.

Rusty

the single cabs are only 1.5T with a steinbauer chip and exhaust they would be pushing some pretty good power to weight ratios anyway, better then a D40 which weighs like 500kg more ;)

I saw a D22 (YD25) with 200000 on it a couple years ago at a dealer, probably on its way to 300000 by now, IMO though they should of just gone with the ZD30 CR across the navara range.

I have always been running in the back of my mind about buying a single cab d22 and putting s 140kw version d40 motor into it.

Rusty

Far cheaper/easier/quicker just to chip/ex the exsisting engine.....or if intent on swapping out, why not the V6.

Far cheaper/easier/quicker just to chip/ex the exsisting engine.....or if intent on swapping out, why not the V6.

It was just a project I've wanted to do. An 06 model rip the blown zd30 out and drop in a yd25 d40 motor. Single cabs are deadly without the extra 50kw behind it.

Latest posts

Back